ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering what differential setups is best for autoX and road racing?

Front LSD+ReadLSD+20kgf/100 center diff?

Just front?
Just rear?

How will the different differential setups effect bias and weight shifting abilities?

What effect does the center diff have?

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Don't really know, but I plan on doing a 1.5way LSD back and a torsen or 1way LSD up front. On the center I want a 1 way LSD or maybe the cusco tarmac centerdiff..

The reason why I don't want 2way diffs is because I fear the car will become to unstable if you lift the throttle in a turn and locking up the rear..
What is the best setup for atuoX I don't know, but the torsen diff is really nice when it comes to getting grip as it transfers power to the wheel with the most grip and because its torque sensitive instead of speed sensitive.

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok it seems for autox and road racing, its best to have the stock open front diff, and have a upgraded center and rear diff. a upgraded front diff will promote understeer wich sucks.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
ALT+F4 said:
a upgraded front diff will promote understeer wich sucks.
Yes, but no...

Fron what I have seen on the "best motoring" vids a upgraded front diff will give them better laptimes, bacause they accelerate more out of the turns and if you know your car you can much easier setup your car in the corner and drift trough them. I'll see if I can find the vid somewhere..

I think if you just driveyour car trough the turns, you might get more understeer, but if you know your car and can drive it you might get more speed og fun with it..

Upgrading rear is a must i think...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts