Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I finally got my boost guage installed today. I hooked it all up, I may still need to tighten down some of the connections.

However I got it hooked up and when at idle it was reading a negative pressure. I know that is the way it is supposed to be but what it the normal range? How far neagative should it be?

Then I noticed that when I was driving and pushed the car in 2nd and 3rd that the boost went all the way up to about 14 or 15 PSI.... But I have not done anything to my car. It is totally stock and I thought it was only supposed to run at like 9PSI max..

I don't know what is wrong and how I can fix this problem. I have the boost guage "T'ed" into the line that comes out of the BOV....

What should I do?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Relax: It looks like your gauge is reading correctly. Maximum stock boost in 1st gear ONLY is around 9 psi. Max for 2nd about 12.5 psi, and max for 3-5 around 14-14.5 psi. I too just installed an Autometer gauge, and it works fine.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Humm ...

Weird ... in 3rd and 4th when WOT I get 15psi but then it drops down to 13psi and stays there?

·
Registered
17 Posts
The smaller turbos seem to run outta breath at the higher rpms also, so it is typical to see a spike (or peak) and fade of boost at the higher rpm ranges.

F

1 - 7 of 7 Posts