Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just installed the Autometer boost gauge last night. read many many posts before deciding on the setup. concensus seems to be that silicone vacuum tubing gives a better response than the hard nylon tubing they send with the gauge. i did it all with 1 "T" fitting, one NPT to barbed reducing coupler (back of boost gauge), and one solid line of 1/8" ID tubing. no going from 1/4" to 1/8", or sticking the nylon tubing in the silicone tubing to get a seal. very very easy way of doing it. let me know if you need the exacts on the installation. hopefully this will save some people a headache or two.

sg

·
Registered
310 Posts
KurleeDaddeeWRX said:
Is this the Autometer gauge that reads in PSI instead of bar? If so, where did you purchase it from? And how much?
Yes most of us use it, you can get it almost anywhere. Also
using a regular hose instead of the tiny nylon hose improves
the response guite alot. It makes it react faster.

Good luck.

Btw it also comes in CF look.

·
895 Posts
i used the hard tubing that came with the autometer gauge, and it seems to work fine. theres hardly any lag with the needle movement.

in fact ( to confuse things even further), i heard that ppl using the silicone tubing get more lag because the tube flexes unlike the hard tubing autometer provides.

just a thought ;)

·
Registered
310 Posts
Penguinking said:
i used the hard tubing that came with the autometer gauge, and it seems to work fine. theres hardly any lag with the needle movement.

in fact ( to confuse things even further), i heard that ppl using the silicone tubing get more lag because the tube flexes unlike the hard tubing autometer provides.

just a thought ;)
Guess 2 much info sometime sux :D

Between this forum and i-club we got more info we can digest
hahaha

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
silicone tubing

i think the issue might be the type of silicone tubing you use. the people that are getting the lag i think might be using the wrong kind of tubing. there is just regular silicone rubber tubing, that is not vacuum or fuel line rated. the vacuum tubing NAPA sells is very thick walled, thicker than the id itself, and reinforced with braided material. most posts i read people were using both the nylon and silicone. the amount of reducers and couplings they were using was horrendous. i just posted this because a lot of people were getting caught up in all of the fittings you need. using the same tubing the whole way takes a lot of the hassle out of it. this guy feels pretty strongly about using silicone tubing, but i don't like all the conversions he went through to get it to the gauge. just trying to add my 2 helpful cents.

http://www.scoobymods.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=210

sg

1 - 6 of 6 Posts