Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to this forum and looking at getting a WRX but I'm caught between getting a Manual or an automatic. I need more insight. I commute long distances and I travel often and drive in the city. My reason for an automatic is because of all the driving I do in and out of the city and I don't think that manual would be that great to have. On the other hand, I like the manual transmission and being in control of the gears and the torque and horsepower. Im not really worried about gas because I drive a lot and spend a lot in gas so that isn't one of my concerns. Im just wondering what would be the more practical buy for someone that wants a WRX and commutes a lot and enjoys driving. Im a car enthusiast and I don't think automatic transmission makes you less of a car person. I have heard to stay away from the CVT automatics. Im new to subrau and I always wanted one and now that I'm in a spot where I need a new vehicle and have some money to play with I want to know what others think. Not baseing my opinions off of this but it helps.

Thanks in advance and I hope everyone is having a great week!

Stay healthy *( cant help it I work in medicine)

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
29,214 Posts
It's your call. You'll have to drive both.

·
11,231 Posts
I drove a manual transmission vehicle so long that even in traffic I didn't pay it much mind my appendages just did whatever they were doing subconsciously while i scooted along.

I currently drive a vehicle with an automatic and my appendages just do whatever they are doing subconsciously while I scoot along.

People have this vision in their head of every shift being a full focused ultra closeup shift like the fast and furious. After a while you don't even pay attention your body just shifts via sound, speed, intuition whatever. Manual transmissions are only engaging if you want to be engaged.

·
Æternum
20,568 Posts
First off -- stay safe.

This is a deeply personal decision that no one else can make for you. If you have a commute that involves traffic, many people start to dislike standard transmissions. That's not my own opinion, but like I said, everyone is different.

The CVT will feel quite a bit different from any other type of transmission, but technically it is a superior solution. Add in the fact that the CVT WRX has a proper electronic LSD not terribly dissimilar from the STI in practice, I'd argue that the CVT WRX is the technically superior model.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts