ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Banned
5,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I'd throw this out here. There's only one more auto-x with the BMW club after this one...

It's Saturday Aug. 21st, at the World Arena in Colorado Springs. Usually get 6-8 runs, cost is $55 for non-members. Me and Slick50 have a little grudge match to work out :p

Race Info

:)

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
If I get the boost worked out I will come for sure. I am getting close to it also, so plan on seeing the black beast with so stickies on it.

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
I wish this was in Denver. If it was I would show up, but I have an AutoX the next day. Two in a row wouldn't work for me. Of course I do have the night off... maybe I'll get a hotel and run both days... hmmmm, thinking via my fingers right now. I'll get back to you on this one.

-Ryan

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
svc said:
Is the saturday Auto-x at DIA? SCCA?
You mean sunday? Sat BMW event is at World Arena. Sunday SCCA event is at World Arena. I would get off work Saturday morning at 7am, head down to the Springs for the event, get a hotel room, go to bed early (immediately after race), wake up early for morning work assignment, race SCCA, go home, go to sleep, wake up by 10pm for work, get off work 7am, go to school at 0830 till 11 something.

That would be the definition of busy weekend.

-Ryan

·
Banned
5,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sunday, that's what I meant. I thought SCCA was still at DIA, have they used the World Arena the last few times? How's the course layout? Probably a different course for the BMW club...

·
Registered
78 Posts
I think I'll be down there for both days. Its my first time out with the new EVO so I wanna get in as much track time as possible. This way I can start learning the car on saturday, then hopefully not embarass myself too much on sunday when it counts lol

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
svc said:
Sunday, that's what I meant. I thought SCCA was still at DIA, have they used the World Arena the last few times? How's the course layout? Probably a different course for the BMW club...
I love the World Arena courses. They generally drive like a road course in my opinion. Will definately be a different course.

SCCA runs DIA, World Arena, and PPIR.

-Ryan

·
Registered
192 Posts
Ry-Guy said:
I wish this was in Denver. If it was I would show up, but I have an AutoX the next day. Two in a row wouldn't work for me. Of course I do have the night off... maybe I'll get a hotel and run both days... hmmmm, thinking via my fingers right now. I'll get back to you on this one.

-Ryan
I was thinking of running both and staying overnight but I don't think my wife would be too jazzed about it. I am just going to run on Sunday.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Ye I put the bearings in the wrong order. Springs would bind up and pop, and then pop back. Took me awhile to figure it out and some help from the net.....

Good to go now. In the process of installing ss lines. The bleeding process is harder than the wrx. Its pretty much a 2 man job even with a vaccum bleeder. Wierd.......

1 - 20 of 46 Posts