ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi ,i have a 2003 wrx turbo, with auto trans, is there separate front diff fluid, i have read that the trans takes 9.8 quarts and front diff 1.2 , if this is true were is drain thanks for your time
wolf

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Yes it's separate, the long dipstick on the drivers side is the transmission and the short dipstick on the passenger side is the diff. You drain the diff at the back plug where it says diff, and you drain the trans on the front side of the tranny where the filter is. You fill them at their own dipstick holes...

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
It's about 2/3 of the way up on the removable plate. I think it's a 14mm or 17mm. You can't actually drain through this plug, you need to remove the cover.

·
Registered
1 Posts
What kind of fluid and how much fluid do I need for the front diff and then for the transmission? Ive bought 2 qts of royal purple 75w 90 for the diff and 4 qts of Lucas ATF! Should I return this and get something else or more oil?
And I have a 2004 automatic wrx wagon. Also idk of this changes the circumstances but I just replaced the motor and I am in the process of draining a and refilling all the fluids for the motor thanks for the help

1 - 6 of 6 Posts