Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a OEM mirror from Subaru that have the dimming.
when i was installing i noticed that the place the connector from the mirror was going into,,was already used for the sunroof..
Now i dont know what to do,,
What the 3 wires from the mirror mean??
Green ,Blue and black???what are they for??
if i know each of them i could pick a source from another place to feed the mirror.
What i have to do???
Thanks
tuca

·
Banned
1,780 Posts
Sunroof? Do you have a WRX? I wanted a sunroof in mine, but they said it wasn't available- the last one I had was in my GTP- it leaked from the factory, but I do miss opening the roof on nice days.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I live in Brazil and i had the option to get those as an accessory.
I bought it and its real nice.
Only problem is that now i cant turn on my auto dimming mirror.
Thanks
Tuca

·
Banned
1,780 Posts
Maybe splice the wires? I'm not a fan of the auto dimming mirror because it's automatically on when you start the car- I'd like it to default to being off when the car starts and then you can turn it on as needed, rather than having to turn it off after you start the car.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No One can help me????
I have 2 connectors in the roof,,one is a white connector and one is a black one,,the white is already used by the Sunroof.
I would only like to know if the mirror only needs power to operate??
what are the 3 wires??the green,blue and black??
one of them is ground??I dont have no idea.
Anyone can help me?
Thanks
Tuca

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Zoso..
How will it work if its not turned on..
I cant find a way to hook it on,,i need to know what are the wires for,,because the sunroof is standing where the Mirror should go.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Zoso
I dont know how to hook it on,,i dont care to turn it on manually..
The thing i want is for it to work properly.
In the manual says that you have to connect the mirror wires in a place in the centre console roof,,but i went to see and the place is already took by the Sunroof,,the sunroof is not the same wiring cause it have 4 wires and the mirror have 3..
Understood??

·
Registered
8 Posts
Classic Cadillac/Subaru of atlanta is where I ordered my wrx from and they offer sunroofs and leather interiors. I got the leather but for the sunroof they have to "modify" the rollbar things and it costs $1249 extra so I didn't get it. tey just have an aftermarket co do it. it looks factory though. their is websiteSubaru of atlanta if you want to e-mail them or you could probably just find a local shop to do it for you

1 - 20 of 23 Posts