Subaru WRX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not selling just wondering. If anyone happens to have a 2015 wrx with a sound system “subs or door speakers” does the interior rattle a lot with the upgrade? Also what speakers are u running and sound system? Thanks in advance !

·
Registered
77 Posts
Not selling just wondering. If anyone happens to have a 2015 wrx with a sound system “subs or door speakers” does the interior rattle a lot with the upgrade? Also what speakers are u running and sound system? Thanks in advance !
The car rattles like crazy unless you really invest in a lot of sound deadening. I'm currently running a 3way frontstage (midbass doors, mid-range dash, and tweeters also in the dash), pioneer headunit, Dayton processor, (3) 10" subs, all on 3 arc Audio amps. Sounds pretty good with only the limited tuning I've done so far.

A simple 2way component set should be fine for most people. Brand depends on budget but a good mid-range set would something like Alpine type-r's or infinity kappa components. A good baffle for the speakers and sound deadening of the doors is a must.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
20 Posts
Rattled like crazy until I put second skin over the entire car (seats and floor liner taken out) except the roof. Trunk has multiple layers, had to take the rear bumper and tail lights off as well to help put sound deadening where needed. Back deck lid and third brake light were huge problem areas as well. STi wing still has some rattles.
I have a alpine halo 9 HU
Audison DSP
Audison Remote
Morel hybrids run active
JL amps
JL W7 subs.
Takes a bit to get the metal/plastic can to sound amazing but worth it if you wanna spend the time & money.
Like the previous poster said Alpine type R’s are an industry standard for decent sound. Focal flax series are good and not that expensive just don’t buy the cheap focal speakers.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts