ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Lando Calrissian
3,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I figured I would ask here before making yet another appointment with the dealer, as I am tired of getting up early on my day off to sit in their waiting room.

The car has the stock navi h/u, media hub, and aftermarket speakers.

This started yesterday morning. I got in the car, and started it (no issues) when I noticed that there was no sound coming from the speakers. I assumed that the iPod was not attached (happened once or twice before), I pressed the 'accept' button on the h/u to accept the warning about driving and operating the radio (that is a real *$%ing PITA thing about the stock h/u), which normally beeps on the button press....no sound. The radio seemed to be functioning as intended, but there was no sound at all. I was in a rush to get to the dealer for inspection appointment, so I just pulled out of the parking spot and started going....about 10 seconds into my drive, the audio suddenly returned and there were no other troubles the rest of my drive.

After the inspection, I drove around for a few hours (just joy-riding), with a few stops. There was one or two other times where the audio did the same thing as it had done that morning.

Today I go to leave for work, and no audio at all. The whole drive to work. Any clue what I could do to fix this?

There is no volume at all...not from button presses, not on CD, iPod, radio, navi system, or satelite....none what so ever.

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
29,445 Posts
I agree, the harness. Outside shot: The battery itself. I give the battery a 3 in 100 though (your car is basically new).

·
Lando Calrissian
3,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So, you are stating that if the battery is bad, that the radio would turn on and have touchscreen ability, but that the sound would not work?....sounds odd, which is why I am asking for clarification.

I will check the harness (hopefully won't be too hard to get to)

·
Registered
141 Posts
Aftermarket amp running the aftermarket speakers? if so, check it to see that it is on, if not check turn-on signal and main fuse.

If not, its odd for all speakers to not be working. considering everything else is still on (audio system-wise):
*intermittent internal fuse in the headunit for the amp
*harness not plugged in all the way
*maybe some sort of internal mute malfunction

just throwin stuff out there

·
Lando Calrissian
3,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No amp.....yet

No, I did not adjust the speed sensitivity

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
29,445 Posts
So, you are stating that if the battery is bad, that the radio would turn on and have touchscreen ability, but that the sound would not work?....sounds odd, which is why I am asking for clarification.

I will check the harness (hopefully won't be too hard to get to)
The OEM Alpine Nav system in one of our cars behaved very oddly a few weeks before the battery left us. Suspicious.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts