Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, the first time I saw this car, I thought I was losing it. But I've seen it almost everyday after work. Has anyone else seen it? It's a Black Audi S3, with Washington plates overlapping the European plates. This would be a fun car to drive or run against at the track....

=)

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks!

Great link bedabi! Actually, I've seen a few A3's around here, but that was the first time I've seen an S3. It's pretty nice car, but it's a little 'too luxurious' for me. Maybe after a few years, I'll think different. Anyway, Seattle's a great spot to see imported cars or ones that have really good conversions. There are about a dozen Skylines here, a handful of imported EVO's, also a few WRX STi's. Most of them are true race cars, except the Skylines ( they are always in Chinatown or the University Village!). I like to think of Seattle as less of a ricer community and more of a subtle market with good taste, but of course there are some really 'different' looking setups that I wouldn't even try, but everyone'd got their own way of thinking.

·
Registered
141 Posts
The S3 is a A3 just highly modded to look like a S3 if its the car I have seen its problably the one that belonged to H&R springs but I think it has changed owners about 3 times. I might be wrong though, all I know is it cost a furtune to import a A3 it would be totally wakco to import an S3.

Yup some nice cars in this area. I dont think there are any real EVO's just some good copies, the dead give away on those cars is the rear drum brakes.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
EVO's

Yeah, I've seen some great copies of the EVO III and VI. I've seen 2 'real' ones, both with right-hand drive, at a couple of SCCA events at Boeing Field. If you go thru the MSFT parking lots, there are a couple of VW Polo's and a couple of Honda Beat's. There's an 1992 Accord Si (Right Hand Drive) in Seattle that this importer's wife drives. It's always in Chinatown, and when the car parks, the side-view mirrors automatically collapse, it's cool man! Oh yeah, there are 3 street legal Peugeot 206's in Vancouver....

·
Premium Member
6,750 Posts
I saw someone in Lynnwood who converted his Si hatch to right-hand drive...too bad it looked REALLY ghetto! Oh well, Lynnhood, right? hehe

Jack's Mirage/Evo VI conversion is really nice...especially with the sponsored $16k sound system in it...his car (now owned by someone else, who's still related to GSPL) won best ICE at Import Jam.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I thought the A3 was a minivan looking thing only smaller. Or is that a A2. I was on a trip to Germany recently, and saw a number of different, but very cool cars. I think it was A2 now. That car is available on my SegaGT for PC game. I think the A2 is not very cool, but it is a different market in Europe.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Yes it is only an A3. The A3 is basically a golf/GTI. Same frame anyway. And it did belong to H&R in Bellingham. They sold it to a guy I autox with who now has a turbo M3 :eek: . Very nice car! And the old owner is a really nice guy.

[email protected]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts