Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was on Lake Shore Drive here in Chicago today and saw an Audi, looked to be an A4 but without that badge. Instead it had two silver bars next to a red rectangle (of the same height as the to bars) with the Audi rings in it. Figured this must be a performce edition. Ring any bells. It looked like a very nice car, but basically an A4.

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
SobeWRX said:
if it was an actual S4 then its a twin turbo V6, however a lot of A4 guys rebadge to S4's
crazy kids... i remember people used to do that with BMWs as well.. 'hey i got an M3, with the power of a 318:rolleyes: '

-Mike

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
I see rebadged A4s->S4s on a daily basis. They are very common. As above mentioned, lots of people used to(and still do) rebadge their 3 series BMs as a M3. Sad sad.......I saw a black 3series(quite sure a 318i) with rebadging AND ALTEZZAs........I wanted to puke.

·
Banned
7,636 Posts
its not the S4 necessarily. the badge you are talking about is the "avant" badge. it's a performance line for audi's. they make grills among a bunch of other things.

dR

·
Registered
249 Posts
Yeah,

It's the equivalent of an M Badge on a BMW. Like our evil STi Type RA badges, it's readily available in the Audi aftermarket. Of course if it is in fact an S4, watch out, it'll be a tough race, those things are QUICK, bi-turbo V6. You can also tell it's an S4 by the different front grille. It has 6 horizontal openings instead of the A4's 3. Also, you'll be able to tell if you race it and see his tail-lights :)

·
Registered
473 Posts
0-60 and 1/4 mi. for the S4 are bloody close to the WRX figures in most magazines' tests.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The S4 is an amazing all around car. Although expensive to tune. Stock vs Stock its quicker then a WRX but these are 2 very different cars. The S4 is a luxury sport sedan. Its got 250hp but weights 3600lbs :eek: yet still manages 0-60 in 5.5 and 1/4 in 14.1. :)

·
Registered
473 Posts
Car and Driver matched those numbers with the WRX they tested. I'm not sure the S4 is quicker. Maybe it's quicker beyond 1/4 mile, but not before that.

·
Registered
221 Posts
FUNKED1 said:
Car and Driver matched those numbers with the WRX they tested. I'm not sure the S4 is quicker. Maybe it's quicker beyond 1/4 mile, but not before that.

this is exactly right in my experience.. The S4 isn't really quicker in the 1/4, but on the top end 100+ no contest...

·
Registered
221 Posts
dark_rex said:
i didn't mean to say avant, my bad.

kamai's badge actuially looks a lot like that too. it certainly could have been kamai modified though.

dR
it could have been kamai but most likely was a run of the mill S4.:p :p

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've seen the numbers comparable only once. That was the quickest WRX that I've seen. 0-60 in 5.4 I believe and 1/4 in the low 14's. If you see the other comparos you'll see the numbers vary. The S4 on the other hand has been very consistent with its times in all the mags. 5.5 and 14.1 almost every time.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts