ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a couple of utec questions and I figured that I would ask you guys since I know that you're running utecs. Did you calibrate your MAP sensor to compensate for altitude? If so, what are your gradient and intercept values? Also, a second or two after I turn off my car I hear a single 'click' sound from the passenger side dashboard/utec area. Is this normal? Thanks.

·
Banned
8,368 Posts
No, don't recalibrate. Let it measure absolute pressure -14.7psi. It's much more accurate the way it is. You simply have to see the difference and remember it, then you can add that difference to all your readings. So... say with the power on but no engine it reads -2.3psia, then add 2.3 to all your boost readings.

Click... umm... I dunno. Probably not too bad, I guess it's some relays powering down. I'm not entirely sure. I'm guessing you don't have all the carpet back in? That seems vaguely familiar, but... I dunno. Check the red light on the utec, is the click going when the light turns off?

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool thanks. My #1 logger is showing 14.1 psi max and my Greddy boost gauge and sbc-id are showing 18 psi. Check out this log and tell me what you think. Its a 2nd through 3rd gear run.

·
Banned
8,368 Posts
VF22WRX said:
Cool thanks. My #1 logger is showing 14.1 psi max and my Greddy boost gauge and sbc-id are showing 18 psi. Check out this log and tell me what you think. Its a 2nd through 3rd gear run.
Get down to like 1500rpm in 3rd gear (4th would be better, but... well.. those speeds might be a wee bit dangerous), and then start logging. WOT all the way to redline. I'm going to go out on a limb and assume you're running a VF22.... Ummm.... you will really need a wideband to tune it right.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts