ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
we'll guys i've ran into quite the bind, i recently did the old turning of the waste gate about 2 weeks ago to regain some boost that i had lost. every seem fine but tonight on the highway i lost all boost completely so i pulled over on the highway and popped my hood and wouldn't you know my C clip is off the waste gate arm. i put the waste gate arm by hand and every 5 miles or less it just pops right off,which made for a very interesting 25 mile ride home. so my question is how the hell or where do i go to get another one of these C clips? please help this is my only source to transpotation here, thanks guys:)

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Re: Attention All Wrx Owners Please Help!!!

dark_rex said:

taking the wate gate and tightening it so the gate stays open a few seconds longer so you spike a few psi higher.

anybody here got any ideas on the C clip for me????

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Attention All Wrx Owners Please Help!!!

02 wrx sleeper said:
taking the wate gate and tightening it so the gate stays open a few seconds longer so you spike a few psi higher.

anybody here got any ideas on the C clip for me????

Autozone shoud fix ya right up........, If not Home Depot will have em.

Shotgun

p.s, I think you meant to say wastgate CLOSED longer,
And be carful how far you Spike!!

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: Re: Re: Re: Attention All Wrx Owners Please Help!!!

ShotgunTC88 said:
Autozone shoud fix ya right up........, If not Home Depot will have em.

Shotgun

thanks so much for the quick reply, do you have any idea what size clip i should be asking for or how i can measure it? thanks again.

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Attention All Wrx Owners Please Help!!!

02 wrx sleeper said:
thanks so much for the quick reply, do you have any idea what size clip i should be asking for or how i can measure it? thanks again.
They are dirt cheap, Just measure the diameter of the gate rod and buy a handful, Find one that clips on with medium pressure from your needle nose pliers.

(Put the clip on the groove and put the pliars on top of the C clip and the bottom of the pliars on the bottom of the rod and hold the clip lightly while you squeeze your pliars)

(DONT force it, It should "Snap" right on if it dont "Snap" it is too large,....If it goes on and you cant turn it around on the rod without some friction or it bends, It is too small)

Take the others back., Hell, If you do it in the Autozone parking lot you wont even have to waste gas takin em back....;)

Shotgun

·
Registered
13,126 Posts
Why do people do this mod? I'm still confused on the origin of it, or why people think overboosting and spiking is a good thing for your car.

"Sure, my engine will blow up, but I get a few more seconds of boost! And its FREE!!"

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Trailboss said:
Why do people do this mod? I'm still confused on the origin of it, or why people think overboosting and spiking is a good thing for your car.

"Sure, my engine will blow up, but I get a few more seconds of boost! And its FREE!!"

it's surly not the thought of over boosting at all, it you want to more boost and hold that amount go get a boost controller. what the waste gate adjustment does gets you the factory amount of spiking boost that you might of lost threw out time. i suppose you could turn the hell out of the waste gate arm and spike to 20 plus lbs of boost and really mess things up. i did alot of searching on the this site first and this little mod came quite recommended. in my case i was just looking to make my car run and perform like stock:).

·
Registered
863 Posts
I don't know as I'd do that on a stock car, and the ECU probably learns and overrides it anyway.

However, for modded cars, adjusting the arm will help get rid of that annoying wastegate flutter sound. I haven't done it on mine, but I'm sorely tempted sometimes.

·
Banned
12,156 Posts
Trailboss said:
Why do people do this mod?
got me! it's really stupid.

vtjim said:
I don't know as I'd do that on a stock car, and the ECU probably learns and overrides it anyway.
hmm. sounds very scientific. i'm going to run out and do this now. you should also pull of your IC and fill it with cement. it'll PROBABLY increase performance. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
172 Posts
Vaus, on the other-forum , initiated this mod. This is done to reduce wastegate flutter that most of hear when we have a turboback.

That sound is really annoying, and many have seen good results after a turn and a half.

·
Registered
13,126 Posts
So we're also screwing with our stock turbos because an aftermarket turboback exhaust can make an annoying sound?

Jesus :confused1

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
I did this mod after the install of up and turbo back. It helped quite a bit in reducing flutter. I only did one turn to minimize spiking that only happened on the first 5 minutes of driving and the ecu learned to correct it immediately. Gained some low end and response was a tad better. I thought it was worth it, but then again, I'm not that smart.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
well i just wanted to say thanks to MOST of people's reply's here,you we're very helpfull and i found a clip at my local hardware store:), and what do you know my car hasn't blown up yet:rolleyes:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts