ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, had my ATR uppipe installed today by my dealer (Prestige Subaru of Asheville, NC).

Quality work and very high quality piece. Was very impressed. Car is smooooooth now and spool up is faster and more responsive.

I am quite impressed. :)

Tell you what though, that stock uppipe is nasty looking! small, and that honeycomb looking cat is evil! I can imagine it now..disenegrating into my turbo! :eek:

Anyhoo, cost of the uppipe was $179.99. Labor was another thing (55.00/hr)..but i don't have tools, or time to do something that big on my own. Overall i'm very happy.

~V

·
Registered
476 Posts
congrats!
i have god's, and it is working like a charm. :) have fun w/ yours. :)

marcus

·
Registered
6,580 Posts
Wait just a cotton-pickin minute!
:eek:
You mean to tell me that Prestige Subaru of Asheville, NC completely disregarded federal emissions laws. You even have it documented! They could SO lose their inspection license and/or be severely fined for that job. Their service department has big brass ones!

-Jim

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
PlatinumWRX said:
Wait just a cotton-pickin minute!
:eek:
You mean to tell me that Prestige Subaru of Asheville, NC completely disregarded federal emissions laws. You even have it documented! They could SO lose their inspection license and/or be severely fined for that job. Their service department has big brass ones!

-Jim
shhh.... ;)

yeah, they are fully aware of it. :) Am i complaining? nah..hehe..

hehehe

·
Registered
3,073 Posts
Congrats on your "dealer installed freer flowing uppipe performance option"! :p

So, what made you go with the ATR over other brands?

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
You know, I would keep quiet about the dealer breaking the law until they give you a hard time down the road. If they ever try to "null" your warranty because of mods you could bring up the fact that you'd hate to see them loose their licence by disreguarding smog laws...:)

Although, if they were cool enough to do the mod for you, they will probably be fairly cool about other mods too, so you might not have any problems down the road with them.

My Godspeed uppipe is working great too, only right now, it's temporarily installed on the floor in the back seat until I can install it where it's supposed to be. ;)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Prestige Motorsports, NOT Prestige Subaru. ;) Different things there. This is an Off-Road application only, not intended or implied to be fit for highway use.

Platinum, easy there big fella! Separate entities from the actual Subaru franchise.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ah yes! forgot that detail.. Prestige Motorsports. Sorry. anyways, they have a project car...a nice yellow WRX that they do work on. It's a beast :)

reason i went with ATR...well..they had it in stock :) Also, from what i've read it's a nice uppipe. So the deal was good and i'm very happy.

~V

1 - 9 of 9 Posts