ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
that was a cool video but I don't think they fire nukes out of a big gun like that :D

The funny thing is: When the scientists came to Enrico Fermi and asked him why the chain reaction that the nuke would set off would eventually end he had to answer "it might not..." :eek: But then he said that he figured it would and they went ahead and tested it anyway :wiggles: Gotta love war. :confused1 :D

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
wrxinfx said:
haven't seen you in a while stoplight warrior. How ya doin?:wiggles:
super duper :D

I gotta take a new pic of the mystic...we tinted the windows, put in some stainless steel bumper inserts and got some clear front lights...it looks awesome :drool:

·
Registered
148 Posts
StoplightWarrior said:

The funny thing is: When the scientists came to Enrico Fermi and asked him why the chain reaction that the nuke would set off would eventually end he had to answer "it might not..." :eek: But then he said that he figured it would and they went ahead and tested it anyway :wiggles: Gotta love war. :confused1 :D
Yeah - before they set off the first atomic bomb they werent sure if it would just split that particular atom or every atom in the universe :eek:

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
Nothing like finding beauty in destruction.

-joe

·
Registered
427 Posts
=)
Yea that arty test was for the army who kept trying to find a tactical use for nuclear weapons. But their efforts to get small yield nukes onto the battlefield never worked. And the Air Force and Navy just took all the power.

Fermi's pile showed he could control it, but only in very controlled conditions. When they set off "The Gadget" at trinity all the scientists were taking bets on how big the blast would be. They ranged from 1/4 of the actuall blast, to destroying earth's atmosphere, to destroying earth. Not sure how serious they were, but the real bets show how unsure they were of what exactly was going to happen.

Really impressive stuff.

·
Registered
5,534 Posts
StoplightWarrior said:
that was a cool video but I don't think they fire nukes out of a big gun like that :D

Actually that gun is real and was tested in the 50's. But delivery of a nuclear weapon by artillery was deemed impracticle and obsolete by the military so it was never really implemented.

·
Registered
19,615 Posts
NJwrbT-WRX said:
Nothing like finding beauty in destruction.

-joe
yeah...and to think that we have aceholes in this world who have 'em targeted on each other. This is how most of us will die.
If we could live on Mars or elsewhere....I'd be long gone!!!
don't mean to sound miserable...just these things get me down.
not funny AT ALL

our day of judgement is coming, people.

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
wrxlude said:
yeah...and to think that we have aceholes in this world who have 'em targeted on each other. This is how most of us will die.
If we could live on Mars or elsewhere....I'd be long gone!!!
don't mean to sound miserable...just these things get me down.
not funny AT ALL

our day of judgement is coming, people.

Actually, I believe we survided Judgement Day, it was August 29, 1997, teh governAt0r saved us :)

-joe

·
Registered
435 Posts
Chunks said:
Actually that gun is real and was tested in the 50's. But delivery of a nuclear weapon by artillery was deemed impracticle and obsolete by the military so it was never really implemented.
Ummm actually, the army has had nuclear 155mm artillery rounds since the early 60's. Pretty much went the way of the Pershing missiles (ie..out) in the early 90's when the US and Russia (or USSR, if you prefer) scaled things back. Just FYI, if anybody actually cares;)

Ray

·
Registered
192 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts

·
Registered
5,207 Posts
that is just crazy.. and so is that davy crocket thing.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts