ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i dunno if you have been keeping up with my posts, but anyways. how bad is the AT on the WRX. like by how much is it worst than MT...cuz i might get the WRX but the catch is it has to be an AT...i really want MT. so anyways, how bad is the launch and whatever..is it really not woth getting if its an AT..im mostly street racing and a bit of drag..mostly street light 2 light.

·
Registered
357 Posts
How do you mean? 0-60? 1/4 mile? Please be a little more specific. I can tell you this, it still has great modding potential to overcome it's gearing flaws. Add a high stall torque converter and a tranny cooler and you're on your way. Also, search through the forums. There are a ton of posts on this.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Stock MT vs. STock AT who would win?..i really want MT but i might have to get AT..

·
Registered
153 Posts
Stock? MT no doubt. To keep the AT transmission up, I had to get a modded TC. If you really are getting an auto, get the TC when you can afford it. Once you get it, its gonna be really hard to get stick envy, I can tell you that :D .

·
Registered
8,630 Posts
jester -- you should get in touch with Verdugo. He has an AT, and it sounds like he doesn't have a problem with power. He has done a bunch of mods to it to compensate for the lesser amount of performance.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Also get in touch with RiftsWRX, Padre, and RobPA.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts