ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All-

So as we all know this is the forum for : we the new an uninformed ! and im not a fan of being in the dark so ill make it quick and painless hopefully. I have owned and operated a old MG race cars and did 90% of the work myself wrenching wise, so im not slow but i am ignorant to the turbo world. Ive never owned anything thats not a NA car so im looking forward to the ease of bolt on power.

What im looking for if it exists is a manual of some nature which walks you through these motors and accesories and gives heads up towards preferred HopUps. I own a 2011 WRX in Pearl White premium

I know obviously i can google this but im looking to learn not read theories and plausible outcomes. i want facts.

Cheers and thanks for letting me join the fun !!!

Pics later

·
Registered
813 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Unfortunately you will always find "theories" on forums. The best thing to do is to read all the "stickied" technical threads to start. Also, join multiple forums and read as much as possible. It is the best way to wade your way through the vast amount of opinions. After a while you will be able to have the same ability to realize what is relevant info for your current car as I'm sure you can do for the other cars you have owned. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
17,655 Posts
unabomber's manifesto sounds like something you'd enjoy.

It's a good piece of reading for a newb.

I personally disagree with a lot of the opinions in them (and some of the facts) but it's also a very old document. It still applies to your car today, but a lot of the information has started to become outdated as new products, and new technical information has come to light.

·
Premium Member
17,655 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,496 Posts
Read the stickies on this forum, a lot of great information. The main thing about subarus and 2011s I'm general is that parts are no longer a simple bolt on.. While the parts do mostly bolt on very easily, the hard part is the ecu software (engine management) has to match the parts your installing.. That is why you see a lot of reference to "stage"s in the world of Subaru.

Welcome to the forum, have fun reading.. Modifying is addicting.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Last time I checked if the cost to play was to great, then maybe the persons need not own a car that is deemed exciting and fun... Look forward to working and chatting with as many members as possible

·
Not Asian
1,069 Posts
Welcome! And don't turn away the "masters" on this forum. From the responses you got, it looks like they aren't listening anyway,lol. There are some knowledgeable guys and gals around here that will not be afraid to give you insight so long as you're displaying some inkling of reading first/asking second and doing your homework...which it appears you are :wiggles: This place isn't into bashing new Subaru owners like another forum I know :rolleyes: Good luck on your quest into debt and enjoyment!

Side note: Company I work for has a branch in Clarksburg. Don't happen to be into heavy construction equipment by chance?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My company builds downhole motors and accessories like fishing tools and bits but we are marcellus where i am but most of our components are goin towards the Utica .... i believe they are drilling Utica as far south as the Central Pa areas right now.

·
Administrator ...De Rerum Natura
20,139 Posts
Welcome to Club.:)

·
Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with
8,921 Posts

·
Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with
8,921 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,655 Posts
That's Seargent Smart-Ass Andrews to you, sir. :p

Cant even spell your own rank correctly Andrews. I'd hate to be one of your airmen.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts