ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yep, took the girlfriends S out for a spin. All I have to say is wow. Honda did their homework with that car. It could use a little more power, but the transmission is to die for.

I drove like a crackhead after getting back in the rex. The clutch travel, engagement, and feedback on the S are just perfect, while you have to know the rex to get it right. Threw me off for about 15 minutes trying to "relearn" my car. lol

Another thing that impresses me is her headlights. If I'm in front of her driving at nioght I actually have a shadow in my headlight beam from her. Crazy. So got to looking, "ignorant of S2000's, and of course it's HID. I started looking arounf for the same for the rex, but see a few different things.

Bulb, kits, & replacements. Anybody care to elaborate on how I can achieve the visibility she has with her's.

Thanks

·
Registered
112 Posts
Another thing that impresses me is her headlights.

Are they supple and round?

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
I'd love to have an S2000, but for the money, I would much rather have a STi, Evo, or even a Mustang Cobra if you could get it for around the same price.

Grand Prix White S2000 + Hardtop:eek:
Too bad the hardtop costs over $3,000:confused1

·
Registered
677 Posts
CWest has a carbon fiber hardtop I think.

My friend has a gorgeous black S2K with red leather interior. He's about to add a Zex nitrous kit to it. He wont race me until after he gets the kit on. He wants that hardtop and the carbon hood and trunk to match.

·
Registered
51 Posts
the most fun ive ever had in acar was the s2k. when i sat back in my E46 everything felt numb to the touch. id take the s2k over my 320whp vr4 anyday. its just that good :)

·
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Admin
48,699 Posts
Ok, I'll be the naysayer here. It's a great car to be sure, but when I rode in one, it seemed like no real power was available 'til 5-6000 rpms. That would drive me nuts in day-to-day driving. I guess I could get used to it, but like someone said, I think other cars in the same price range would lure me away...

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
looking at the hid link. It looks like the least expensive kit has the highest luminosity. Yeah so it's not purple, it offers the best lighting.

Am I missing something here.

·
Registered
27,068 Posts
RayfieldsWRX said:
Ok, I'll be the naysayer here. It's a great car to be sure, but when I rode in one, it seemed like no real power was available 'til 5-6000 rpms. That would drive me nuts in day-to-day driving. I guess I could get used to it, but like someone said, I think other cars in the same price range would lure me away...
what other 2 seater convertables that run 13's with AMAZING handling, good looks, honda quality and reliability, and have one of the most highly acclaimed 6speed transmissions all for around $30,000????????????????????????

I cant think of any:confused1

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
606 Posts
RayfieldsWRX said:
Hence the 9k rpm redline. It's understandable that one of us would not like this...but for roadracing power like that is nice.

I'd bet stock for stock an s2k would destroy one of us in a stock subie on a road course. (in handling capabilites, not in power)

I still have not had the opportunity to drive one :(

·
48,699 Posts
DTR rex said:
what other 2 seater convertables that run 13's with AMAZING handling, good looks, honda quality and reliability, and have one of the most highly acclaimed 6speed transmissions all for around $30,000????????????????????????

I cant think of any:confused1
That's just the thing; the "2 seater convertible" thing means nothing to me. I'd much rather have an STi or Evo for around the same money. Or perhaps a used 540 6 speed, or a nice G35. All of the above are much more usable vehicles for my daily purposes.

Feel free to get one for yourself!:p

·
Registered
427 Posts
Thats the thing, I td an s2k and it simply impressed the **** outa me. However, because it is so small and fun to drive, it is as practical as a fork at a soup eating contest. Honestly, if i had the $ to have two cars, I'd get a truck(for going to mountains) and an s2k. But combine the two, and I get my wrx waggon =)

·
Registered
27,068 Posts
RayfieldsWRX said:
That's just the thing; the "2 seater convertible" thing means nothing to me. I'd much rather have an STi or Evo for around the same money. Or perhaps a used 540 6 speed, or a nice G35. All of the above are much more usable vehicles for my daily purposes.

Feel free to get one for yourself!:p
I can completely understand why you would not want one. and yes, for the money there are many cars available. but NOTHING in the s2000's same bracket even comes close in comparison. I would rather have an STI or 540i 6speed as well.... but for what the s2k is, it has yet to be matched by any other company IMO

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
27,068 Posts
XtianLA said:
Hence the 9k rpm redline. It's understandable that one of us would not like this...but for roadracing power like that is nice.

I'd bet stock for stock an s2k would destroy one of us in a stock subie on a road course. (in handling capabilites, not in power)

I still have not had the opportunity to drive one :(
i am not clear on numbers, but I am certain that an s2k will outhandle a rex not mention beat it in the 1/4 mile, and uptop.(04' atleast)... Its not slow off the line either because of how little it weighs.
My uncle has driven a couple STI's all stock, and an s2k stock and modded. he said the s2k outhandles the sti also. the weight distribution just feels perfect he said.
but he also said the STI is much faster:tongue:

·
48,699 Posts
DTR rex said:
but he also said the STI is much faster:tongue:
Well, I should hope so; the S2K only has 162 ft-lbs of torque...:wiggles:

Just diggin' at ya, since I know you like the Honda so much...;)

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
its truly one of the great "drivers cars" out there... but if you want practical and great performance, get an EVO.

as for 1/4 mile on the s2k... i've seen someone get as low as a 13.5, but you gotta really REALLY know how to drive. also its not a engine that responds well to mods... you have to carefully pick what parts you want and usually to make 1-2 more peak horsepower, you spend over $1000 for a catback exhaust for example. (depending on the exhaust, the main advantage is weight loss and shifting the power curve to give you more top end or mid range power) an amazing car though... drive it and you will see! (work on one and you will really hate it... until you drive it again;))

1 - 20 of 31 Posts