ClubWRX Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Sammich Makin' Pwincess
13,124 Posts
i have a full exhaust and havent noticed any problems at all. have had the set up for a couple months
(judging by your user name, i'm assuming you have an 03)

02-03 dont really need a tune with a TBE. its more of an 04+ kinda thing where its a necessity.

altough, no matter what year you have- a tune will allow you to see the full potential of your mods

·
6,501 Posts
i have a full exhaust and havent noticed any problems at all. have had the set up for a couple months
Now the problem be here is some of us know a thing or two about these cars and have been around on multiple Subaru forums long enough to know what does what and how.I'll give a clue.Ambient temps are everything for this problem and cold air is denser..........so don't know how cold it gets in Kentucky but when winter hits,you might start seeing some problems.

·
Registered
1 Posts
wanted to start a poll of how many ppl here are safely running a cat-back exhaust (catless) without a tune to clear up and show proper proof of some exhaust information that has been floating around lately.

List your exhaust type, How long you've had the application, and if you've experienced any problems running rich, bogging, etc..
Now, I know this page is mainly for Subaru guys, but I own a 370z NISMO. When purchased, it came with the stock exhaust and needed something more, so I went with an HKS Hi-Power Cat-Back Exhaust System. It made a huge difference. It made it louder and it definitely brought out those high RPMS. I've had the application on for several months now, without any problems. It's been sounding amazing since the installation and no problems have occurred since then. I did not have to tuned, as usually cat-back systems do not require tunes. Hopefully this helps out!

·
Super Modulator
19,448 Posts
Wait. Did you just join a forum that specializes in a car that you do not own just to necro-bump a thread that's been sleeping for 11 years?

Shit, to put that into perspective... this thread was started before I even joined and posted 19,000 useless times on these forums... in that time the USA has seen 3 presidential terms, UK passed a bill to exit the European Union, humanity discovered the Higgs boson, and "Post Malone" became a thing.

Come to think of it, you mentioned a 370Z -- that hasn't changed at all in 11 years. Did you time travel?!

·
10,106 Posts
Wait. Did you just join a forum that specializes in a car that you do not own just to necro-bump a thread that's been sleeping for 11 years?

Shit, to put that into perspective... this thread was started before I even joined and posted 19,000 useless times on these forums... in that time the USA has seen 3 presidential terms, UK passed a bill to exit the European Union, humanity discovered the Higgs boson, and "Post Malone" became a thing.

Come to think of it, you mentioned a 370Z -- that hasn't changed at all in 11 years. Did you time travel?!
It will have a spam link in it in about 2 days.

·
Super Modulator
19,448 Posts
Expected.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

21 - 27 of 27 Posts