ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wanted to start a poll of how many ppl here are safely running a cat-back exhaust (catless) without a tune to clear up and show proper proof of some exhaust information that has been floating around lately.

List your exhaust type, How long you've had the application, and if you've experienced any problems running rich, bogging, etc..

·
Registered
11,095 Posts
A catback without a tune will not cause any issues...the only restriction you are getting rid of is the muffler which isnt going to create and issues (or power).

·
Registered
966 Posts
lol i bet 100% of people running just a catback will say that it is fine without a tune , because it is....on the other side i think u mean a full turboback in which case 0 % of people are gonna say there car is running good with just a TBE and no EM...so there really is no poll to be had.....

just to recap for you

-100% run fine with a CAT-BACK and no tune
-0% run fine with a TBE and no tune

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i was under the impression that cat-back was from the mid-pipe to the muffler. Just the muffler is axle-back. When i was saying catless, i was referring to the cat in the mid-pipe

·
Registered
353 Posts
there is no cat in the intermediate pipe. that's a resonator. Cat back is everything behind the turbo downpipe (where the cats are). intermediate pipe + muffler section = cat back.

·
Registered
11,095 Posts
i was under the impression that cat-back was from the mid-pipe to the muffler. Just the muffler is axle-back. When i was saying catless, i was referring to the cat in the mid-pipe
The cats are in the DP on the stock setup.

·
Administrator ...De Rerum Natura
20,137 Posts
Catback = Just AFTER the cat and back...

·
Registered
11,095 Posts
There's a diagram that shows the intake/exhaust track in Subaru's.

In case you havent seen it before.

·
Registered
30 Posts
So your saying, by using a turbo back exhaust you would need a cat because you are replacing the catalyic converter right? I can never seem to get it right.

·
Sammich Makin' Pwincess
13,124 Posts
So your saying, by using a turbo back exhaust you would need a cat because you are replacing the catalyic converter right? I can never seem to get it right.

a cat is a catalytic converter.

you dont NEED a cat in the exhaust. a good amount of us are running systems that are completely catless

·
Registered
459 Posts
To the OP, I would suggest you read a little more extensively on the boards before posting stuff. I've seen a couple of postings you made containing a whole lot of misinformation.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts