ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Wants to Sell His Honyota Civilander..Any Takers?
785 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm out in Ames, Iowa for 6 days, and for the life of me I have not seen a single Subaru out here - much less a WRX or STI. I'm starting to wonder if they are even sold out here? Is there some sort of legislation that has banned them? Was there some sort of carpocalpse which raptured up all the Subies? Have they been the target of cyclones?

Can't wait get home and take Rex out for some exercise ...

·
Premium Member
15,697 Posts
I bought mine in KS. They seem to be less common in the flatter parts and the warmer parts.

·
785 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Another day and another lack of Subies. There are lots of Hondas and VWs. Guess there isn't much call for AWD here?

·
785 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Alright ... I'll give it one more day. If I don't see any then I'm calling it - The Iowan Subies have been deported.

·
Lando Calrissian
3,787 Posts
that is real sad. I see at least 1 WRX or STI every day I leave my house (not counting mine)....there are quite a few in the Pittsburgh area.

·
785 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
FWIW - I'm back from Iowa, and the total tally for me was 1 Forester and 1 older Outback Impreza. That's it. I was even on a college campus for most of it. I'm guessing it was partly just bad timing, but there really don't seem to be many out that way. Hell, I saw more Chevy Baretta's than Subies.

1992ChevroletBerettaGTZCoupe.jpg

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm not too sure about eastern Iowa, But I live on the Western Border with Nebraska and I see Subaru's quite often my brother drives an '03 STI

·
Registered
107 Posts
Cedar Rapids here, besides myself I work with a guy that has a 2011 WRX and a guy a block from me has an 11 STi, so I see those daily along with a few that race around by the community college. We are here, but it's Iowa (less population = less cars meaning less Subarus).

·
Registered
4 Posts
I work in Ames and go to ISU, there is actually a bugeye im looking at getting at a dealership, and are you kidding me?! Saw 4 different WRX's ( 2 bugeye, 1 Hawk, And a 08/09) and 2 black Sti's 2 weekends ago on one saturday. Heck my boss had a red 08 WRX Hatch and I know of a guy who owns 2 bugeyes. Drive around and youll see them, I see one per day it seems like. And I actually have an SRT4, no subi...yet haha

1 - 12 of 12 Posts