ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sup guys....eventually im lookin to upgrade my turbo and i was wonderin if theres any wrx specialty shops near Allentown PA or are they all in Jersey

·
Registered
403 Posts
WRXcelration said:
Sup guys....eventually im lookin to upgrade my turbo and i was wonderin if theres any wrx specialty shops near Allentown PA or are they all in Jersey
I (and many others) would strongly recommend Precision Tuning in Brick NJ. Its about three hours away for you (two hours for me from lower Montgomery County) but well worth it. They can advise, sell, and install anything you might need.

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks alot guys....i appreciate it

·
Registered
40 Posts
My barn has just completed one leak free, CEL free, vf-30 and uppipe install :)

·
Registered
188 Posts
Where are you Allentown guys hiding at? I'm on Macaurthur rd often and hardly see any Subs!

We need an Allentown meet!

·
Registered
89 Posts
I'd like to see a Valley Rally for sure, as well as a performance shop in the area with Subaru expertise. I know Becker will order any SPT parts but I'm not sure they are the real deal in the install adjust maintain world of performance parts.

·
Registered
188 Posts
David Bleurex said:
I'd like to see a Valley Rally for sure, as well as a performance shop in the area with Subaru expertise. I know Becker will order any SPT parts but I'm not sure they are the real deal in the install adjust maintain world of performance parts.

I went to Becker to buy my STi and they were a$$holes. Pretty much had that "Buy it or don't" attitude, wouldn't let me test drive either. I went to Faulkner and they couldn't have been nicer so I bought there. Faulkner though, is NOT mod friendly. I've heard Becker is a little easier when it comes to mods. So far I haven't had to take my car in for anything. I hope my luck continues 'cause I got a couple more mods coming soon!

As far as a Valley Rally goes, as long as I'm not working (I have a strange schedule), I'm in!

·
Registered
89 Posts
copracer288 said:
I went to Becker to buy my STi and they were a$$holes. Pretty much had that "Buy it or don't" attitude, wouldn't let me test drive either. I went to Faulkner and they couldn't have been nicer so I bought there. Faulkner though, is NOT mod friendly. I've heard Becker is a little easier when it comes to mods. So far I haven't had to take my car in for anything. I hope my luck continues 'cause I got a couple more mods coming soon!

As far as a Valley Rally goes, as long as I'm not working (I have a strange schedule), I'm in!
Becker was very dissuasive with respect to the STi, suggesting it wasn't good for much but racing, e.g. the ride wasn't good, it was expensive, etc. I understood that. I don't have an STi because it WAS too much $ for ME. They didn't know that at the time. Also, and this is not a small point, I have been a wagon fan for most of my adult life and with no STi Sportswagon for sale here, well, look what I got! I am sure I could've driven an STi, but since I wasn't going to buy it, I wanted to be fair to them so they'd be fair to me, and they were. I got a good price and no dealer option push beyond 'added' warranty. I visited Faulkner and they were so busy that the Cadillac man came over to let us drive a couple of Subarus; even though we were up front about not buying that day, just driving, the salesman was a gentleman. I'd recommend them on that basis. Never used their service.
First Subaru (79) was serviced at Fairway in Hazelton and after that short period, all Becker service with only one gripe about a preemie clutch replacement on a Loyale. I told them if I ever felt I was being shafted again, I'd dump them and I'd dump ON them with no remorse or let-up. They've been nice to me so far. They should be, I've sold a few cars for them by word of mouth.

A Valley Rally would be nice and could attract many owners from a decent distance outside, too. No need to spend much $ either. Picnics at some of our really neat parks around here and a covered bridge tour to boot. The possibilities are well nigh limitless without spending alot. We all know where WRX owner's money goes ;-) .

·
Registered
40 Posts
Bump for a Valley Rally. I was at a meet at Red Robins on Sunday and had no idea there were so many rex's close by. Too bad it's so cold out right now... oh well my turbo appreciates it :)
WRXcelration, in all seriousness, I'm sure I could help you with the turbo install (if it's bolt on). I know I'll prob be helping my other buddy out with an uppipe on his rex soon and MAYBE we could try to get together for an install day. But I would also recomend precision tuning. I'm actually gald I installed my turbo myself...it was alot of work but you learn a whole lot. I don't know if you have any mechanical skills, but I have no prior experience and I'm 17 and worked in a barn with mismatch sockets :)

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Im 20 and im workin on savin for my upgrades now...i cant wait...im so used to my car it needs more power and it only has 5000 miles on it

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
copracer i have a JBP 04 rex and i live a bout a min from the autozone or sheetz on 145

1 - 16 of 16 Posts