Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking into installing some higher quality urethane bushings in my shifter to relieve some of the sloppiness of the stock unit. How much do the Kartboy or Cusco bushings improve shift quality? Is it worth $35 and my time and energy for the install?

-Jim

·
Registered
198 Posts
I'll let you know in a week or two (if I ever get my car back,...see my post in off topic). I bought some kart boy poly bushings to go along with the sti short shifter (dealer installed option) and from what I hear the short shifter has ruber bushings.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Jim,

Most definately worth the $35!! I was like you, thinking how much difference can they make, but I went ahead and got them and man do they work.

The rubbery feel in the shifter is completely gone now. It feels much more direct and precise. It took me a few days to get used to the new feel but it was worth it.

If you look at scoobymods for the install instructions, they were very helpful. The hardest part I found of the installation was getting the stock rubber bushing out. After that, it's a piece of cake. Anyway, that's my $.02

·
Premium Member
3,762 Posts
which bushing are you guys talking about? i know there are a few out there made for the WRX. I have a custom shortshifter from B&M and i'm thinking about getting the shifter bushing too.

Tim

·
Registered
4 Posts
I agree the bushings are great.

I did mine a week or so before the shifter and even with the stock shifter it made a huge difference.

Go with the kartboy, buy American. :D

Bill

·
Registered
198 Posts
Are they worth $35? I would probably say no. I've seen these type of bushings sell for other cars for under $10. Are they a worthwhile mod? Definitely.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts