ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to start throwing some upgrades on my 09 wrx hatch, and sway bars seem like a great one. I'm just wondering the difference between front and rear and their affects on the drive, and also if any other parts need to be ordered along with the bars to install them.

Thanks!

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
If you're only doing one swaybar, I'd go front > rear

With sways, buy a set of endlinks.

·
Moderating on the run!
12,477 Posts
both front and rear bars add roll stiffness to the chassis, seeing the oe springs are rather soft you'll see benefits from adding either

I would chose replacing them both, but having to choose between the two I'd probably opt for a front bar- adding stiffness in the front helps reduce camber loss in turns giving you a more traction and a crisper turn in

the 09 has spherical links up front, I'd leave them as is (unless they happen to break on you), performance wise your not going to improve much (if at all) w/ aftermarket

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,808 Posts
the 09 has spherical links up front, I'd leave them as is (unless they happen to break on you), performance wise your not going to improve much (if at all) w/ aftermarket
Not to hijack this too much, but when exactly did Subaru make the endlink bearings spherical? 08? I know the bugeyes have the floppy plastic ones, and I assumed they kept that up until at least 2007, correct?

·
Moderating on the run!
12,477 Posts
the sedans (02+) have always had spherical links up front, wagons never, 08+ all up front

the rears however on all models leave some room for improvement

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
I would do front and rear adjustable bars. Get a kit that has new mounts for the rear. I would do end links as the others recommend.

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
The front bar can be non adjustable

1 - 7 of 7 Posts