Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to purchase a Dp that bolts right to my factory cat. but some of these Dp look longer than others. maybe it's just the pictures. Also is there a cat in the up pipe? 04 STi. :confused1

·
Registered
699 Posts
No, not all downpipes are the same length. For example turbo xs will bolt up to nothing! Others only eliminate the downpipe cat and bolt up before the 3rd cat, and most get rid of both the downpipe and 3rd cat and they bolt up directly to the cat-back systems.

And no, there is no cat in the STi up-pipe..

·
Registered
312 Posts
Captain Frame said:
I want to purchase a Dp that bolts right to my factory cat. but some of these Dp look longer than others. maybe it's just the pictures. Also is there a cat in the up pipe? 04 STi. :confused1
if youre looking to keep one cat, there are a couple ways you can go...

you can get the turboxs stealthback with the highflow cat - www.turboxs.com for more info

scoobysport partitions off the exhaust into the same exact sizes as the stock pieces. so basically, you can just mix and match what you want to put in there. if youre not worried about emissions or the environment, i would just say to get a complete cat-free turbo back. itll be more fun ;)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Dyno Results

Has anyone Dyno the APS 3.5 " turboback sytem witth a 4"exhaust tip, and a APS short Ram intake. If so how many HP has this given you, and lb-ft of TQ? Or does anybody know who did.

·
Registered
800 Posts
I spent a lot of time looking at shorty downpipes (ones that mate to stock 2nd cat, 3rd cat in WRX). www.daddysscp.com has almost all of them. Bosal, stromung, Hayward&Scott, and scoobysport will all mate correctly. I went with the stromung. I also bought a cat delete pipe so I can switch from catted to catless in about 20 minutes, without having to disconnect the downpipe from the turbo.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts