Subaru WRX Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,897 Posts
If your car is a track car then coil overs can be worth it. Otherwise there are better options.

With that said. Bc coilovers are never worth your money or time.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
10,897 Posts
The absolute cheapest you'll find that I would personally recommend is feal 441 at roughly 1500. They are alright, but leave much to be desired in the overall scheme of coilovers.

For anything worth your time your budget is going to be well in excess of 2k, likely 3k after addressing swaybars, bushings, and other parts that may be worn out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
19,580 Posts
Thinking about buying BC racing coilovers, but not sure if they are worth it.
Is there a link to some info that made you doubt?

·
Premium Member
6,716 Posts
Thinking about buying BC racing coilovers, but not sure if they are worth it.
What about Race Land?

Both of those are junk (BC not as bad as Race Land though). I don't know how you define "worth it", but the stock suspension is better than either of those coilovers in every way. They will handle poorly, ride extremely rough, and wear out quickly (or simply break).

If you want decent coilovers for the track then I recommend RCE Tarmac 2. After installing they should be set up and dialed in by a professional, and I also recommend corner balancing the car at the same time.

·
Æternum
15,475 Posts
Quick question, what's your favorite vape mod?

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
19,580 Posts
Quick question, what's your favorite vape mod?
Excellent point!

I think we've hit the nail on the head. NOW we're talking!

·
Water.....sometimes waves
1,611 Posts
"Worth it" definition is right. Maybe he wants coilovers for the "coolness" factor. Then I'd say BCs would certainly work but from what I see on the web, they are not as colorful or pretty as others. I'd look for something that might match the brake caliper color perhaps. But then again, if the tires are rubbing the fenders, one might not even see the coils so it won't matter. :dontknow:

·
Registered
277 Posts
Good coilovers start in the $1500-$2000 range , ST is not a horrible option if you are on a budget as they are essentially KW V1 without the inox coating.

Out of all the suspension setups I have had on my car I like the RCE / KW the most so far but the AST , STi and Koni options are good as well.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am using ISC N1 coil overs right now and I love them. I've used raceland ultimos on my A4 and as previously stated, they are absolute garbage. Would rather ride around on blown factory struts lol. The ISC set up is right around 1k...

·
Master Baiter
12,649 Posts
Blitzburgh said:
I am using ISC N1 coil overs right now and I love them.
ISC suck just like BC. For the money, you're far better off going with a strut / spring setup in terms of both performance and ride quality.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts