ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
do you think this TMIC would bolt up to the 2008 WRX? minor fabrication?

·
Banned
0 Posts
Heck No!!! them 08's have some sort of inverted turbo system going on.

That would be some major fabrication. + there are no aftermarket ECU tunes for the ECU so it would be for not. :sadwave:

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ecu tuning... right.

Would the TMIC bolt on alot easier if a different turbo was on there? say a 20g or something. I think i would need a new exhaust mani for a 20g to bolt up, right? There would be custom TBE also.

btw, i am new to the whole Subaru scene, i converted from Mitsubishi.
Not very familiar with these motors yet.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Well congratulations! does this mean you have an 08 already? sorry for the thread jack

·
Registered
6,546 Posts
1) No ECU Reflashes exist for the 08, so you cant modify the 08 WRX yet.
2) The 08 WRX uses an LGT manifold and IC so you cant use old WRX parts
3) To upgrade your turbo to a 20G, 18G or VF series Turbo you would need a 04-07 Manifold and Intercooler to mate to.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
1) No ECU Reflashes exist for the 08, so you cant modify the 08 WRX yet.
2) The 08 WRX uses an LGT manifold and IC so you cant use old WRX parts
3) To upgrade your turbo to a 20G, 18G or VF series Turbo you would need a 04-07 Manifold and Intercooler to mate to.
i understand there are no reflashes yet and that i cant use old WRX parts, sorry i should have mentioned that.

so all i would need is 04-07 LGT Manifold that i can put a non-inverted turbo on? then the APS TMIC should fit?

P.S.- Yes i have '08. it was the first one sold in okc. and i am the only one in my town with one right now. kinda cool. i pulled up to a friend of mine last night who owns a wrx and i told him mine was a mazda 3 hatch. i have de-badged it.

·
Registered
491 Posts
no, you would need a 2004-2007 wrx/STi intake manifold and intercooler. The intake manifold you have stock is like the Legacy.

·
Registered
6,546 Posts
i understand there are no reflashes yet and that i cant use old WRX parts, sorry i should have mentioned that.

so all i would need is 04-07 LGT Manifold that i can put a non-inverted turbo on? then the APS TMIC should fit?
No, you need a 04 STi or 06-07 WRX/STI manifold to use a non-inverted turbo.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ohhhh. ok. thank you for the clarification.

and as for the tuning...
do Subaru's play nice with SAFC II's?

·
Registered
6,546 Posts
ohhhh. ok. thank you for the clarification.

and as for the tuning...
do Subaru's play nice with SAFC II's?
No.

Just wait for Cobb or EcuTek to make reflashes for the 2008 WRX. Dont use SAFC II, dont use a Manual Boost Controller, etc. Just wait for reflashes.

·
Premium Member
17,655 Posts
Also... We should make a sticky for all new 08 owners on this...

The 08 runs much leaner than the 02-07 for increased gas mileage.

Any engine modifications MUST have an ECU tune to go with them! (including just a downpipe!)

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
08 owners are f#cked for a bit untill cobb makes a map and they start making parts. Wait until they make parts for your car because most of us really don't know much if anything about the 08's in terms of mods, or at least I don't.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Damn new cars. lol.

I should have my wideband on by this weekend.
Finally get to take a look at the stock A/F.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts