ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can get a sweet deal on this turbo, but i always here you guys/gals talk about VF and PE. What is up with a sr50 and is it worth it?

·
Registered
13,126 Posts
Its worth it, but its a biga** turbo. You'll be going from Stage II to SR50 territory. Enjoy!

P.S. you'll need a boatload of supporting mods to go with that.

·
Registered
475 Posts
This is an amazing turbo. If you wanna learn what there is to know try projectwrx.com or a search on nasioc. Theres a guy named jeorge, goes by screenname Riftswrx. Jeorge runs an sr50 - it is however on a built ej257 - and is a well respected tuner. I'd be willing to bet if you do a search by his screen name you will learn a lot about that turbo.

para

Search linky: http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/search.php?searchid=88692

·
Registered
49 Posts
Their are 2 sr50's. One with a small exhaust housing and one with a large exhaust housing. The one with the small exhaust housing never makes any power as their is too much exhaust back pressure.

make sure the one you are getting has the bigger housing.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I've heard the SR50 is too big for a 2.0. But people are running Greens with good results.

I say go for it! But be sure to write back and let us know how it turns out. I've never actually seen any reports of a SR50 on a WRX.

Do what Mick says and get the bigger turbine housing.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
THis is the one. I can get it for about $400 dollars. It is brand new. I might just get it and hold off and save my money so i can get all the supporting mods.

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
DO IT! :D, i gradually started with my turbo, wait till yuo have gathers all supporting mods, then install it and go straigh to a good tuner!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts