1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
Registered
525 Posts
I don't think you must have this airbox, but I have not seen many other kits for the wrx either. This is the first time I see this airbox. However this airbox looks hot..

Remember that many people custom builds an airbox because it's appernaty safer (dust, water and so on.)

·
Registered
164 Posts
Hey there,, I posted on the ApexI around 3 weeks ago based on its great filtering but after calling on prices I was Told not to get it for the WRX based on lean conditions that they saw on Rex's. I think I saw a post by Hippy78 that he had purchased it and had the leanout and other probs based on an incorrect diameter MAF tube. God swears on the Blitz SUS but the filtering isnt as great as the ApexI http://www.mkiv.com/techarticles/filters_test/2/ , but it seems to work the best for the WRX. I also saw a post for someone talking about using the Apexi filter with a different intake tube. I am lost on this too, thinking i'm gonna go with the Blitz. Guess i'll be calling on God. This seems to be a big subject on this forum. The intake really adds no HP to a stock But it will intensify the sound of the turbo and stock blowoff, which I am most likely others miss from previous turbocharged cars. Subaru has done too good a job to make a sleeper in my ears.

·
Registered
70 Posts
if the tube that holds the MAF sensor is too big, the sensor will be seeing a fraction of the air that is truly entering the manifolds, therefore leaving you with a lean a/f.

·
Registered
164 Posts
the intake has a great filter but bad MAF tube or maybe even a bad filter for the WRX. the MAF is expecting the air to cross it the same way as if it had the stock intake, if it is turbulent or different (faster or high pressure on the inside of the the airstream or visa versa) the MAF cant understand it. Its like the air going over and under a race car the air on certain parts of the car are faster and slower. It is about turbulance and flow, the apexi MAF tube is no good, it tells the MAF that there is not alot of air flowing past allowing the computer to reduce the fuel to the engine. LEAN...:(

1 - 6 of 6 Posts