Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at this unit and was wondering from owners out there how much they like it. Also what do you think is a reasonable price for this thing used. Also, I am going to remove the stuck Head unit and put in an aftermarket HU, so I want to put this EBC in the din slot underneath it. Has anyone done this and do you have any pics, this would be really helpful. Thanks.

Daryl

G

·
APEX AVC-R

I can not tell you what a good product the avc-r is I have not installed one on my wrx but I have had it on two other vehicles. I use to work for a company that sold and installed these products and I can tell you that th functions of this product are well worth it however there are several draw backs. First and for most it is not I repeat not easy to install or tune to perfectspects. It requires a good installer/tunner and a lot of dyno time. If this does not sound like the type of unit that you want to care after then maybe it is not the best one for you. Blitz,HKS and several other companies also make very good units that are easy to use and the HKS versions has one that is smog exempt. I will probobly get the blitz 1/4 din and the special blitz din pod to take up the space under the after market radio. Any ways good luck with what ever you chose and just think of the timr you want to put into it because the APEX should be readjusted every time you put something new on, of course on a dyno for best results.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have the Apexi AVC-R....very awesome. It's like driving a new car!! I got mine brand new for $399 shipped from Titian Motorsports. www.titanmotorsports.com

Should be listed under group buy.

This is mine. Just used the double stick tape on the mounting location for now.

A friend of mine has his in the DIN. Here ya go!!

Hope this helps. I can help you with the install if you need help....assuming you get this one!! Great product though

·
Registered
26 Posts
I don't know what they are next to the AVC-R, I think he said they are for his TT, if you go into I-club, his name is Gimpster, so you could ask, I'll ask him too and let him know you are asking!!

:cool:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Austin,

You talking about mine or Ryan's?

Probably his considering mine is just taped to that spot!!:D

·
Registered
26 Posts
I want to do that to mine, just have to get a new deck...probably going to get the new Kenwood MASK, just not sure. YOU NEED TO GET YOUR CAR BACK!!!!:D

·
Registered
139 Posts
I just ordered my AVC-R for $399. Thanks for posting that Sleeper_WRX. I am super interested in how your buddy mounted the AVC-R into the din slot on the dash. I have the Subaru pocket in my other din but would much rather put my AVC-R there. I will PM Gimpster to find out the details. Thanks again!

·
Registered
26 Posts
No problem man...just trying to help fellow scoobs out!! It is one hell of a deal, considering it is on other sites for around $500-$600.

I'll talk to him and figure it out...just haven't been able to get a hold of him in a while.

:D

·
Registered
139 Posts
Sleeper_WRX if you find out the details PM me please.

·
Registered
26 Posts
not a problem bro.....I'll let you know.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
hey sleeper, you have the unit and WRX "N" FX said it was a difficult or timely unit to use. have you run into these problems at all. I am not in any way a good "tuner" I can make it around a garage but when it comes to really tuning it I wouldnt want to have to pay everytime I put something new on. Thanks a lot for the help.

·
Registered
26 Posts
First of all, what kind of problems is he having?

Second of all, I could tell you all of the settings that I use, very easy. The install doesn't even take that long, you just have to figure out the ecu pins.

Just as me when you are ready for the install.

Nick

·
Registered
197 Posts
I just got my AVC-R over the weekend, and should be installing it sometime this week. I work for a Subie dealership in NJ, and have acess to all the service manuals, with wiring and vaccume hose diagrams, etc. So if anyone needs any of those, Id be glad to be of assistance.

Nick, Id be interested in youre settings to let me know what directions i should go in. But are you using aftermarked injectors, or anything else that I shoudl know about before I start my car with your settings? Thanks in advance.

Joe
[email protected]

PS - That pod you have where the clock used to be is awsome - wheres that from?

·
Registered
26 Posts
I would be more than happy to tell you my settings, but my car is in the shop. Got into a little accident. But if you have access to I-club, talk to gimpster, he is the one I got the settings from. My engine is completely stock, except for the CAI and BOV.

Nick

·
Registered
197 Posts
Nick,

After navigating the i-Club site for a while, Im having difficulty getting contact info for your friend Gimpster. Is there some specific adress at which i can mail him. If not i have no problem waiting until you get your car back to gleam those settings from you....

Speed safely,

Joe
[email protected]

·
Registered
197 Posts
If by that you mean with the new solenoid - no - its problem free. Its a little loud - so im working on remounting with some rubber insulation, but it works fine. As far as the OE solenoid - i just left it plugged in and the computer dosent seem to have a problem with it.

Speed safely,

Joe
[email protected]

1 - 20 of 21 Posts