ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, this little miracle arrived and I've had it installed for one day now and have driven it about 250 miles since installation.
So far the car is very smooth, and I love how it holds the boost to redline. But how long / mileage does one have to drive it to see an increase in boost? So far I'm not seeing that much of a difference in the amount of boost I'm getting compared to stock. Does the boost just jump all at once or does it gradually build?

Mods are...

TXS Up-Pipe
TXS TBE
K&N HighFlow.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Staton

·
Registered
37 Posts
I'll comment since I have the same mods and concerns. I've been running stage 2 for about 5k miles, and I notice that when I reset my ECU, I get higher boost levels, but they settle down to slightly below target. It's hot here (in chicago) and that definitely affects it. I definitely see higher PSI ranges in cooler weather.

I have struggled with why my car won't get into the high 15 PSI range, instead of 15 even in third, but I just rode in a stock WRX and after that I don't care... My car feels tremendously faster, and the stock car was not seeing 13.5 PSI either in third (it's target) probably due to heat, so I'm not that worried.

·
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Admin
48,701 Posts
It took my Stage 2 reflash a few days to settle out at 16.0. Temperature never seems to effect my boost readings, though I can feel a difference in the seat of my pants when it's cooler out.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
I have been reading over at the cobb forums and this is a common concern. Cobb dislikes the "3/16th" mod when useing there reflash or accesport cause it messes with there tune. But for people who arent getting the right amount of boost (after letting the car learn), say try out the 3/16th mod and it fixed the problem.

Also ive read over there that to help the car learn is to go 40mph in 5th and press the pedal to the floor and let the boost spike up there, do that over and over and it should be kosher,

hope this helps.

And remeber i think 15 is normal for a stage 2 cobb, look up on there webpage and remeber they tune conservitvly

·
Premium Member
26,609 Posts
When I did my reflash I saw over 16 right away. I believe they have a map for people who are having trouble hitting target boost. What are you using to measure boost?

·
48,701 Posts
Trainrex said:
When I did my reflash I saw over 16 right away. I believe they have a map for people who are having trouble hitting target boost.
Ah, that's true! At the bottom of their map download page. "USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!"

·
Premium Member
26,609 Posts
RayfieldsWRX said:
Ah, that's true! At the bottom of their map download page. "USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!"
I wonder what kind of boost I would get with that considering I do hit target boost....hmmmm:tongue:

·
48,701 Posts
Trainrex said:
I wonder what kind of boost I would get with that considering I do hit target boost....hmmmm:tongue:
Read my mind! Oh well, can't use those maps anymore, anyway. I noticed I was making 17 psi this morning with the new setup!:)

·
Premium Member
26,609 Posts
RayfieldsWRX said:
Read my mind! Oh well, can't use those maps anymore, anyway. I noticed I was making 17 psi this morning with the new setup!:)
I hate you!!! (and I mean it in the most loving way possible:tongue: )

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Whats your setup to be making 17psi? I'm using the AP to read my boost...

·
48,701 Posts
xaton said:
Whats your setup to be making 17psi? I'm using the AP to read my boost...
Click on the little link that says "Mods" under my post. VF34 turbo, STi injectors, supporting mods...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts