ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All-
Just started reading about the AccessPort and I think I need one, but I have a couple of questions first:
1) I have a 2004 and was wondering if this is going to totally void my warranty....or can I just use it to go back to stock Map and Subaru would never be the wiser?
2) I alreay have TBE, HKS HiPower, so if I got an AP, would I be at Stage 2 already?
3) How hard is it to go from Map to Map, and is there a limit of times that you can reflash? Cobb says no, but has anyone had any problems?

Sorry for the New Guy questions and all, but your help is GREATLY appriciated....

Clint

·
Registered
0 Posts
SchnorrCS said:
Hi All-
Just started reading about the AccessPort and I think I need one, but I have a couple of questions first:
1) I have a 2004 and was wondering if this is going to totally void my warranty....or can I just use it to go back to stock Map and Subaru would never be the wiser?
2) I alreay have TBE, HKS HiPower, so if I got an AP, would I be at Stage 2 already?
3) How hard is it to go from Map to Map, and is there a limit of times that you can reflash? Cobb says no, but has anyone had any problems?

Sorry for the New Guy questions and all, but your help is GREATLY appriciated....

Clint
1) Technically - Yes, it will void most of your engine warranty IF Subaru determines it's in there. But if your power windows stop working, they are not going to blame the AP.

2) Yes, TBE would mean Stage 2 map.

3) You can change REALTIME maps at will. If you change the Basemap it uses up a 'reflash'. The number most people believe to be the limit is about 100. Once you have the AP software loaded, you don't need to reflash the basemap, realtime maps work great.

4) Cobb's forums are loaded with AP info. http://wrxforum.com :)

·
Registered
495 Posts
if I am not mistaken (I could be) most would recommend swapping out your uppipe before stage 2 because of the possibility of your uppipe cat melting because of increased egt's thus leaving you with cat material in your turbo, bad news. some others will chime in and confirm or deny my thought

·
Registered
0 Posts
Cobb specs the Stage 2 to include the OEM Uppipe and says it's safe to do so. BUT.. many people replace it anyway just for the quicker spool up.

·
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Admin
48,699 Posts
ero2 said:
if I am not mistaken (I could be) most would recommend swapping out your uppipe before stage 2 because of the possibility of your uppipe cat melting because of increased egt's thus leaving you with cat material in your turbo, bad news. some others will chime in and confirm or deny my thought
I ran Cobb Stage 2 at 16psi with the stock uppipe for over 14,000 miles with no issues. (Finally got around to it when I swapped out the turbo...):)

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Does the AP Alter the stock Boost at all? I was under the impression that all it did was change the fuel mapping and timing....

·
48,699 Posts
SchnorrCS said:
Does the AP Alter the stock Boost at all? I was under the impression that all it did was change the fuel mapping and timing....
It alters boost. From their FAQ on their website:

The peak boost on the Stage 1 AccessECU should be 14.7 PSI +/- .5 PSI. Peak boost on Stage 2 should check in at 15.8 PSI +/- .5PSI.
My boost at "Stage 2.5", which is the VF34 reflash, is right around 17psi.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Do you think this would be a good Mod for my car? I have a 2004 Wrx and I have put a TBE and cold air intake (which will be changed for the short ram soon...). I need to make sure that it is a safe, reliable mod due to the fact that this is a daily driven car, and my only form of transportation. Any help is really appriciated.

·
Registered
0 Posts
SchnorrCS said:
Do you think this would be a good Mod for my car? I have a 2004 Wrx and I have put a TBE and cold air intake (which will be changed for the short ram soon...). I need to make sure that it is a safe, reliable mod due to the fact that this is a daily driven car, and my only form of transportation. Any help is really appriciated.
Put the stock airbox back on and Stage 2 will be good :) I think they have a map they tuned for the injen CAI, but other than that, they don't support any other CAI. Most people seem to agree that Subaru did a decent job on the stock intake and others just mess up the MAF readings. Unless you get a custom tune, the stock air box seems to be the way to go. :)

·
48,699 Posts
Racenut3.0 said:
Unless you get a custom tune, the stock air box seems to be the way to go. :)
What he said...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts