ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installed it this morning. Took her out for a spin. First impressions;

Wow it's loud. I remember when I installed the Cobb CAI, and thought, "that's loud!" I'm not sure how anyone can say its a little NVH. It's a lot. A LOT. From cranking the key to idle to shift. It's considerably different for me. I can feel the smoother shifts for sure. But I'm not sure it's worth it. i will have to drive it around for a bit and see.

The install was super easy though. I think 5 bolts, and the clamp that connects the IC and the IC just pops off and there it was. Getting to the furthest bolt on the pitch stop was sort of a pain, but nothing anyone can't do. Anyways I will report back later. After I've driven it a few days. So far bottom line; does a great job but damn the noise is noticeably different! Some photos for you!

My helper

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its not that bad lol

Glad you like it.
Lol. I gues it's just different. I should be more careful with the description. It's a noticeable difference for sure.

I heard a buzzing once but haven't since. I just drove to my office about 15 minutes away. The highway entrance was much smoother shifting through the 2-3rd gears and accelerating felt "solid"? Does that make sense?

I definitely "feel" the car more. Hard to verbalize

·
Premium Member
25,496 Posts
Yes that, engine and tranny mounts seem to make the most noise.. But bearable... (is that a word?)

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes that, engine and tranny mounts seem to make the most noise.. But bearable... (is that a word?)
I've been driving more today. I think in beginning to like it. I swapped cams from a mild cam to a blower cam in the SRT. It reminds me of that "feel"

I'm interested in seeing how it sounds in the morning

·
Registered
813 Posts
Which did you get? You obviously like? What does that buy you? More control/feel?
I have the group n trans mount. Really easy install and it is one of my favorite things I have done. Shifting is much more solid, rev matching, downshifting is much more crisp. Throttle response is better because it takes a lot of slop out of the driveline. Worth the money.

·
Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with
8,921 Posts
Same one I got...I like it.

·
Æternum
20,593 Posts
This is the same one I have. Rumor has it that the AP pitch stop isn't a very stout piece. There are a few threads on NASIOC showing how the AP pitch stop cracks down the middle when driven hard... oh well.

Get an uprated tranny mount (like the Groupe N) if you haven't already. World of difference.

·
Premium Member
4,376 Posts
I got the KB one, and it didn't make everything too much louder. Mostly lower rpm vibration. It has a bushing on both ends though.

:thumbsup:

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

·
Registered
84 Posts
Torque Solutions here. I think it made a huge improvement with throttle response. Definitely louder but I like the extra noise!!!

·
Premium Member
17,655 Posts
I hate AP.... but that's a pretty easy part to make, and pretty hard to fail.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts