ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i have the utec but have had a hard time getting it tuned i thought i had it last time i whet to denver but my old friends has come back and wont go a way.(AKA Knock) so i was thinking about getting a AP then the street tuner when it comes out.
dose this sound like a good idea or should i just stay with the utec?
also i don't see a map for me,do any of u no of one for my mods?im going to look but i thought i would ask here too.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I'm with ian on this one. I prefer the reflashes for the same reasons. Unless you're like an auto genius and can tune your UTEC in your sleep, reflashes are the way to go. Cobb can also build you a custom map. Give them a call.

·
Banned
8,368 Posts
Reflashes suck. Real men use the UTEC. You know how I compensate for bad gas? I press a button. Real hard, wasn't it? Sure, it was easier than not pressing a button, but when I refill I don't need to reset my ECU and go through that absurd learning crap. I just press the button again.

Accounting for altitude? That's where reflashes are the weakest.... you can lower the boost, but does your AFR mirror the slower boost? It might... I dunno.... and I'm guessing you don't know either.

·
Registered
5,765 Posts
You just think you're to cool for school. You don't have to reset and relearn. And if you want to, all you have to do on the AP is press 2 buttons to reset the ECU without screwing up your clock/radio, etc.

Also, UTEC has basemaps available that you can slowly custom tune.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts