ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tested the economy mode with the access port v2 to see what kind of gas mileage you can get?

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
It is easier to just stay out of boost, but maybe +2-4mpg

·
Registered
85 Posts
It is easier to just stay out of boost, but maybe +2-4mpg
how do you stay out of boost? do you mean mean shifting before 3,000rpm?...because i've been doing that and I don't see the difference

·
Premium Member
6,298 Posts
If you have a lead foot, you will see a difference in the economy map merely due to the later onset of boost and the lower peak boost setting.

However, as you can see from the above posts, if you can train yourself to "shortshift" and keep the throttle peddle near the upright position, you can do the same thing without using the map. Plus, you will still have the power when you need it.

I tried the map, but immediatel switched back to stage 2 as the car felt like it had no power at all. Why buy this car if that is your intent? Map switching is fine and all that, but you still have to stop to do it.

·
Registered
85 Posts
If you have a lead foot, you will see a difference in the economy map merely due to the later onset of boost and the lower peak boost setting.

However, as you can see from the above posts, if you can train yourself to "shortshift" and keep the throttle peddle near the upright position, you can do the same thing without using the map. Plus, you will still have the power when you need it.

I tried the map, but immediatel switched back to stage 2 as the car felt like it had no power at all. Why buy this car if that is your intent? Map switching is fine and all that, but you still have to stop to do it.
I'm going stage 1 (i think) i got the AP and is getting here tomorrow... Do i need the air filter or not need it?

·
Premium Member
6,298 Posts
I'm going stage 1 (i think) i got the AP and is getting here tomorrow... Do i need the air filter or not need it?
Stage 1 can be run on a stock setup, so the air filter is not truly needed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts