ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been searching for 94 all over new england and I can't find anywhere that has it. Can anyone help me out! I really don't want to make gas or add something I just want to find a place that sells 94!!

·
Registered
7,956 Posts
PersianWRX said:
I have been searching for 94 all over new england and I can't find anywhere that has it. Can anyone help me out! I really don't want to make gas or add something I just want to find a place that sells 94!!
i dont think its around anymore

·
Registered
598 Posts
use mobil 93, that stuff is just as good. my friends camaro once chipped would only not ping on sunoco 94 or mobil 93. everything else even other namebrand 93 made it knock.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
does it hurt the car to use straight 110 octane? Do you mix it in with regular gas? Would it harm anything if it was mixed?

·
Registered
9,023 Posts
If you are not tuned for it I don't think it would make a that much of a difference.

It also depends if it is leaded or not. If it is leaded you have to be catless.

·
Registered
278 Posts
WRC_Obsessed said:
If you are not tuned for it I don't think it would make a that much of a difference.

It also depends if it is leaded or not. If it is leaded you have to be catless.
Leaded gas ruins your O2 sensor, not your cats. Prob not good for your cats either.

You should be catless to take advantage of higher octanes (100+).

You can get 5 gallon containers of Methanol for $20 at Burke Oil. I forget what octane it is.

·
Registered
476 Posts
redobs said:
You can get 5 gallon containers of Methanol for $20 at Burke Oil. I forget what octane it is.
wow- where's burke? also, if you find out what octane, please tell.

the price for race gas at sunoco was 45. criminal price.

also, side note- i got in touch w/ TMS. good guy. :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts