ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I bought my WRX used and the EGT sensor was missing with a bolt screwed in its place. My turbo seems to spool up abnormally to fast also, at like 2500rpm. I know that the original owner was doing minor mods because when I got the car the 3/16” mod was already done. So anyway to tell? I’m going to be upgrading my exhaust soon and it seems like if the UP is already gutted then it’s not even worth changing it. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
I think you answered your own question :D Yeah, it sounds like it's been gutted.

Yeah, you still should clear out the rest of your exhaust, that's where the power gains are.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Take the bolt out of the EGT probe hole and slide a piece of mechanics wire or a coat hanger in there. See how far down it goes.
:wiggles:

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
No, it shouldn't, the EGT bung is right by the cat. But if the turbo is spooling at 2500 RPM, I really don't think there is any reason to suspect that it is still stock (or maybe you just have a factory freak?) :D

I mean, if the guy went to the trouble of taking out the stock EGT bung and plugging it with a bolt, I really don't think he would of done it unless he gutted the pipe.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts