Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone finds any flaws about the car. The only thing I can think of right now is that I'm not getting as good of a mileage as I was hoping for (around 20.5mpg average) but then I wouldn't mind so much if the gas prices aren't skyrocketing! Something else that *kind of* bugs is that it takes a while for the CD Changer to switch among CDs, I know picky picky.... Other than that I'm pretty happy with the car.

·
Registered
22 Posts
it a 4 door , not a 2 door :)
just little things
i dont think the rear window de frost,
isnt quick enough, also could us heated mirrors, those are nice during winter.
other countries get a rear wiper on the sedan
got the guage pac from the dealer 650 ouch
dont rally like the way it(gp)looks should
have waited for some thing better.
what is that boost guage showing?
its not psi or bar?
other wise it a fun car, and im getting used to the way it looks. didnt like what the
designers had done to it from the first
photos i had seen. but it grows on you. :D
would have got a yello one but it just wasnt
"blaze" enought for me. (ferrari fly yellow)
thank for making this forum.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, I guess the only complaint that I have about it is the lack of power before the boost kicks in. I suppose it's good to give other people a head start, and build their confidence, and then totally crush it! MUHAHAHA! But, that's no big deal, it should not be difficult getting more power before the boost kicks in, just a few modifications should do the trick!

Oh, and if it does show PSI, then what in the world is the boost guage for?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh yeah good point, there's a lag in the beggining and the boost seems to leak after 5000 RPM, but that can be fixed with a few mods :)

·
Registered
146 Posts
Damn cupholder doesn't fit any of the big drinks! And it doesn't slide out smoothly! I should take this damn thing back... ;)

·
Registered
5 Posts
I hate to make the S2k comparision, but..... after driving it back to back with my rex, I only have two little complaints.
1. The gear ratios are not totaly optimized for the engine.... I.e. top speed can be reached in 4th (with the stock speed limiter) which basically leaves 5th for only for highway cruising.
2. It doesn't have VTEC... Or more specifically, the power drops off way before the redline.
While neither of these are things that stopped me from getting the WRX (and I really love driving it), it's nothing that a 6 speed transmission and variable cam timing couldn't fix.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
dash the reason the power drops off before redline has nothing to do with the lack of variable valve timing but because peak boost is not maintained all the way up to redline(done on purpose). Supposedly Subaru did this to preserve engine and tranny life.
A boost controller fixes this and the car will pull HARD all the way to redline.
A guy over at i-club documented the psi at each rpm (in 2nd gear) and saw that peak boost was between 4000-5500, and dropped off after that.
and dash, all cars use the 5th gear primarily as a cruising gear (all the cars i have driven at least).

anyway, all the more reason to pray for the STi. 276 hp and 375 lb/ft torqe (!!!)
variable timing, semi closed deck, etc.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I don't like how we only get the 16 x 6.5 rims stock. why don't we get offered the 17's like overseas?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
They probably came with 16's for comfort reasons. Remember, they are aiming more at the family buyer this time around then they were before with the previous Imprezas.

That's also why the styling is a bit tamer.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts