ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently got an '08 WRX. Love it, save for the exterior. Compared to some of the earlier models, it's bland enough to be confused with a Toyota Corolla!

Is there anything out there to fix this? Complete replacement body kit?

I've seen a few replacement bumper kits - they're ok, but honestly the entire exterior of the '08 model WRX is a wash :shakehead:

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
Honestly I think the previous model generation is still more distinctive than the 08 and similar. There's no cheap solution to fix it...

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
a ridiculous body kit
Yeah exactly, honestly the cheaper solution would be to take that money and put it towards the down payment on an '011.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah exactly, honestly the cheaper solution would be to take that money and put it towards the down payment on an '011.
The 2011 STi looks a lot better, definitely something to consider in a year or two. What does a body kit like the one pictured above run?

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
Sell 2008
Buy 2011
????
Retain your investments resale value.
That's what I mean the resale on the current car makes it more than worth selling the current one and buying a 2011 if you're going to do this.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That's what I mean the resale on the current car makes it more than worth selling the current one and buying a 2011 if you're going to do this.
That's one option, but if I keep my current WRX for the next ten / fifteen years and don't plan on reselling it, there's no particular reason to keep the Corolla-style body on it.

·
Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin
5,780 Posts
Sigh, what about the smaller turbo and inadequate suspension? My car is almost 10 years onl and I still care about resale value...

I suppose while your at it you might as well "make" it an STI.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Sigh, what about the smaller turbo and inadequate suspension? My car is almost 10 years onl and I still care about resale value...

I suppose while your at it you might as well "make" it an STI.
The '06 STi I test drove before getting the '08 WRX had a suspension like a rock, and not in a good way. It did accelerate like a beast, but honestly most of the time I'm driving like a sane, law-abiding citizen, sad as that may be.

Comfort for daily use,
Performance,
Looks -

Pick any two.

It's a fairly simple question tho, no need to play 'but what if you do X thing that isn't "replace the body but keep the same innards"?'.

Just 'this is what's out there, this is what it costs, this is what's crap, this is what works well'. Hopefully not too much to ask for :/

·
Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin
5,780 Posts
O you wanna keep the suspension and engine basically stock and do full widebody bodykit??
That's wack(y).

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
O you wanna keep the suspension and engine basically stock and do full widebody bodykit??
That's wack(y).
Depends on the cost I guess. If the kit is more expensive than upgrading to a 2011 STi (an extra $15k as things stand for me currently), then no. If a body kit that isn't crap (fits well, won't fall off, etc) costs less than $15k, it's a definite option lol.

·
Premium Member
1,719 Posts
It definately should cost less then 15k and you will save more if you put it on. Although you will hav to get the parts painted which could get expensive.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts