Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Recently my '02 WRX wagon has started popping out of 1st and 2nd gear. The car has 15K miles, with no racing, clutch dumps, etc. It only happens at steady speed or when I let off the gas, never when accelerating.

The first time it happened was going down a steep hill in Berkeley in 2nd gear. Now it happens most often in stop & go traffic or when coming up to a light. It's gotten so that I have to keep my hand on the shifter to keep it from popping out.

I took it in to the dealer and they verified that it was happening. They ordered parts from SOA (synchro, etc.) and will replace it under warranty no problem -- they said it would be a 2-day job.

Has anyone else encountered this? And if so, what was the problem and was it fixed satisfactorily?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
my tranny popped out of 1st gear at WOT about a week or two ago... it scared the crap outta me... i thought i snapped my tranny or something. it made a horrible 'thump' sound and i could feel the whole car shake as it popped out of gear.
my car drives fine now and when i took it in they couldnt replicate the problem, so i'm hoping it was a fluke and that everything is alright now... :rolleyes:
o-|-<) bryan

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.