ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My little sister just got her license and needs a new cd player in her car. Anyone here work in car audio? Anyone have any suggestions on what deck to get?

p.s. No I will not post pics of her

FTW

·
Registered
3,490 Posts
Personally I like Pioneer decks but that is just my opinion.

I would suggest buying the deck online. I got my deck from www.carstereoexpo.com and had great luck with them. I got the deck for about 40% off what I could have gotten it for in a store. It only took a few days to ship too. And it was brand new.

I have heard that car audio equipment have a HUGE retail markup so some online places can afford to sell them new for lots cheaper than a local store can.

Just a suggestion.:D

·
Registered
956 Posts
I like my jvc tape deck and cd changer combo. got a setup once for a freind like that for $100! Ebay!

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
incorporeal said:

FTW
What about a email with them?:p
Anyways, I like the Pioneer I have, but sometimes the forward button doesn't work on the 1st ten tries. I did get mine used, so that maybe most of the reason.
MCL

·
Registered
164 Posts
incorporeal said:
My little sister just got her license and needs a new cd player in her car. Anyone here work in car audio? Anyone have any suggestions on what deck to get?

FTW
i always use alpine, never had a problem from the many that i have owned, the best IMO

·
Registered
553 Posts
Pioneer sucks ass... we had so many freaking pioneer warranty claims. If she doesn't really care that much, go check out Pawn shops, when I sold my last car and had to fill the gaping hole where my fun stuff went, I paid $86 for a deck that retailed for $250.

Kenwood makes the best hardware out there if you don't want to spend alot of money. If you spend money then Eclipse all the way. I know i'm going to start some sort of jihad for saying this but alpine sucks.

·
Registered
3,490 Posts
I have heard good things about Kenwood but never used them. I just don't like the way the faces on the Alpines look. Pioneer's seem more logical to me. :wiggles:

What kind of deck is she looking for? MP3, cd changer, etc? Is this going on a stock speaker system or one with amps/subs? Price range?

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
incorporeal said:

But if they offer to install or help install, they'll get to see her in person. ;)

So, hot or not?

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
if you only knew what was in my gun collection...... yea she is very attractive

FTW

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
justwoofers.com
justamps.com
just12volt.com

havent ordered anything yet..but tempting...

I would say either Kenwood or Eclipse...

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
I agree with everything analog said. I don't know anyone that has had good luck with Pioneer. I used to have Kenwood all around, and was happy with it. I now have Eclipse, there is no comparison.

·
Registered
406 Posts
I've had good luck with 2 Pioneer Permier decks, one Regular Pioneer, one Sony, 2 Alpines, one Panasonic, one Eclipse, and one Aiwa.

Maybe it's because I don't keep a deck long enough to let it Break.

BTW: does anyone want to buy a Sony 840MP. Used for about 6 months and I have all the parts, books, boxes, remote, and a cool cover that makes it look like an ash tray. I will take pics and post them if anyone is interested?

·
Registered
739 Posts
Word.

I've found alpine to be the best in 3 categories:

1. Sound Quality
2. Aesthetics/Ergonomic
3. Durability/Susceptibility to weather

Clarion would be my 2nd choice. Pioneer is decent but some are difficult to figure out. Not a fan of Kenwood and never liked them to begin with.

lupe said:

·
Registered
739 Posts
LOL. I dont think my setup compares to the OG ClubSTI. It's decent enough for my tastes and my eardrums.

I guess the next time I take fuzzy pics, I can blame it on the immense bass produced by ClubSTI^2. :D :D :D

LeonZ said:
STiBungy is tEh mastAr of tEh car audio. He's got ClubSTI^2 :D

·
Registered
880 Posts
Premier isn't that bad. Speakers though... I would go with Infinity Reference 2 or 3 ways... And subs I would go with JL Audio:D .

-Well See Ya Later-
:wiggles:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts