ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Fellas,
New to the WRX world and ready to upgrade, but I have some questions. First does anyone have any experience with the ESX Package 344 HP? Is it reliable? Does it include everything that will keep the engine properly fueled? i.e. fuel injectors, pump because the website doesnt say anything about that. Also are there any other wrx tuning shops/companies on the East coast? ESX is in Cal and Im in the Philadelphia area, but if there arent any excellent companies, i have no problem shipping my car. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
907 Posts
that kits for the STI, and to put out 344 over the stock 300 you dont need the fuel pump and injector upgrade. But damn that setup is expensive! But it is dyno tuned.

·
Registered
126 Posts
nd4spd569 said:
Hey Fellas,
New to the WRX world and ready to upgrade, but I have some questions. First does anyone have any experience with the ESX Package 344 HP? Is it reliable? Does it include everything that will keep the engine properly fueled? i.e. fuel injectors, pump because the website doesnt say anything about that. Also are there any other wrx tuning shops/companies on the East coast? ESX is in Cal and Im in the Philadelphia area, but if there arent any excellent companies, i have no problem shipping my car. Thanks in advance.
Stay away from them. They installed my up-pipe, turboback, and gauges. I have a leak in my downpipe, they broke my front wideband 02 sensor, and when they installed my egt gauge the put the sensor into the downpipe instead of the exhaust manifold.
Oh, and that esx 344 package is not going to do you any good. It's way overpriced and they swear by the cai - but if you do research you'll see they don't do much good. My suggestion if you were looking for power packages would be to look at COBB, TurboXS, and Vishnu. Or you can just look at the forums and piece together your own system. I don't know of any installation places on the east coast, but now all my business goes to HarmanMotive in Torrance. Good luck with the mods...

·
Registered
163 Posts
i'm in the philadelphia area too. i went the way of the cobb accessport and did all of the work myself.

in this area:
there's a shop in NJ called rallispec. http://www.rallispec.com

they install parts and tune with ecutek. i've communicated with them about getting a new gearset installed (gotta save money up for it), but they've been very good to deal with. they've done work for lots of people on the boards so i'm sure you can find some good reviews. plus, they're about an hour away from philly.

turboxs is in maryland. if you're willing to ship your car off to california, i'm sure a 2 hour drive won't bother you too much.

good luck with the car and welcome

·
Registered
75 Posts
You might want to contact Precision Tuning in Brick, NJ. about installation and tuning work. They have a very good reputation for quality work at reasonable prices. They're about 2 hours from Philly.

·
Registered
10,357 Posts
their prices for parts are right around MSRP - you can usually find them for less elsewhere.

their package prices are JUST PLAIN NUTS, and they incluse things like CAI's and intercooler hoses in the lower power upgrades which is completely pointless and a waste of money.

if you want reliable/consistent and affordable 350 HP wait for Cobb's stage 3. Its should be out any day. The only thing you actually have to buy from Cobb is the accessport. the rest of the kit can be pieced together from whoever gives you the best prices.

basically you'll need a turboback (uppipe is optional but worthwhile), Vf30/34, pink injectors, fuel pump, bigger intercooler, and the accessport...that's about it. And Cobb is working on a street legal DP right now...Helix already has one that will pass the sniff test, but isn't CARB-certified so you may not pass visual. We're almost to a point where you can run a stage 3 LEGALLY.

I'm preparing for stage 3 by upgrading suspension/brakes in the meantime.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts