Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering where you got it, and how much it was. I am looking at the turbo back set up with cat. Also, if anyone ordered it directly from MRT Australia, how did that go? Thanks for the input:D

·
Registered
663 Posts
I don't have one, but I know that Flatirons Subaru in Boulder has MRT mufflers on display and would be more that willing to get a turbo back for you (and install it if needed). They are a GREAT mod-friendly dealership and will actually warranty the MRT work if they install it (they probably won't give you a hassle if you install it yourself). ....of course the best prices are going to be over the internet...

here's one: http://www.mpjperformance.com/

·
Registered
245 Posts
I have one and love it. I traded my Vishnu for it with a buddy. Flatirons has em. I want to get the catless dp so if you want a cheap dp, I can save you some of the expense on your system

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So Harvey, you have the one with the cat in the DP? I guess that I will look into getting one w/o DP, and if that is possable, we will talk. Is there anyone in particular that I should talk to at Flatirons? Also, what kind of up-pipe should I get, Vishnu, Helix? Ideas???

·
Registered
8 Posts
ask for Adam at Flatirons. They own and MRT and Prodrive franchise so you'll have zero warranty issues. I ended up going with the Vishnu uppipe b/c it's a little cheaper than the MRT, and basically the same. Whole set up only has 1 cat, and will still pass emissions here when your 5 years is up.

·
Registered
245 Posts
I like how quiet the MRT is. I had a Vishnu non-Sig without the silencer. I bet the Vishnu with silencer is great. But I would have had to buy a new exhaust. This way I didn't. HP readings were the same so I am very happy. The cool thing about the MRT is that the dual dump race DP is compatible with the exhaust I have now. Makes it easier to switch to catless exhaust.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts