ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anyone want to help me? PRETTY PLEASE! :p

I just got lowering springs... ( Tein S-techs ) I've never done a spring install on a scooby before, and have heard horror stories about people getting badly hurt. I'd be happy to throw a few bucks / some ' green ' / beer to anyone that would help.

Let me know :)

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes, I know this... but id still prefer to have someone with experiance present.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
I have no air tools and no experience installing springs, but I'd definitely be willing to lend you a hand.

I think I'm getting some springs here soon, so I would like to know what I'm getting myself into!

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I will let you know when I end up doing it... Hopefully someone with experiance will help! But you would be welcome to come by and watch it all go down... I'm up boulder way too :p

I know someone wants to make a few extra $ and other various treats :p

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Springs are SO easy on the wrx, and you don't even need a spring compressor. I've done springs on an infiniti, a4, and two wrxs and the wrx are by far the easiest to do the springs on. I would help you but I'm really busy this month, sorry.
What horror stories have you heard?

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've heard of people shooting springs through cement walls....

Matt Monson told me he has heard of people getting hurt.

I just want to make sure it is done right, but i also want to learn.

Otherwise id take it to a shop and have them do it.

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
A cement wall? I think you would have trouble shooting it through a piece of paper (I still wouldn't point it at my face or anything because the nut might fly off a couple inches), the wrx springs are almost completely unsprung once the strut is pulled out. Also, with the Eibachs I have put on I was able to push them down by hand to get the sturt back together.

·
Registered
474 Posts
It is super easy, I used the instructions from HERE and it took me about 3 hours, but I would be willing to give you a hand if you needed.

I used a spring compressor.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Judah that would rule! I do not own jack stands or anything so I guess I would need a proper place to make this happen. When are you free?

·
Registered
474 Posts
I am usually completely free on Tuesdays and Sundays, but my work schedule has been changing due to stupid people but I am usually free any day after 3.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well let me know when works for you! Id be way down for tonight. But i know thats some major short notice :p

Let me know

·
Registered
474 Posts
Sorry, I am way too tired tonight to do it, I just got done working back to back 14 hour shifts and I am dead.

Possibly tomorrow?

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Works for me! I could be up your way around 6 ( when I get off work ) does that work? If not let me know whats up... I work until 5 PM in downtown denver everyday except weekends.

I appreiate you offering to help! Whenever works for YOU
is the big thing! I dont want to inconvience anybody :)

·
Registered
474 Posts
Alright, I will pm you tomorrow whether I can do it or not, but if I don't pm you, that means that I am still at work and cannot do it.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
looks like judah might not be able to help as i havent recived a PM yet :p I could be wrong, but just to be safe is there anyone else? I will make it worth your while :)

1 - 20 of 66 Posts