ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I have a silver 2004 STi wing and trunk that I traded a few weeks ago but have decided I want to go wingless. Does anyone in the Kansas City area want have a silver wingless trunk they would like to trade me?

-Greg

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
big pipe said:
i might be willing to trade you. ive got a silver wrx with the factory wrx wing. love to have sti though.
I appreciate it but no thanks I'm looking to go wingless

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys for the bumps ;)

Talked to Jack Miller and they said they'd be willing to trade me for wingless when they get in their next shipment of scooby's. Wingless here I come!

·
Registered
62 Posts
I hate to cause you more confusion, but if there was anyway you could swap someone spoilers, and get the stock one back on, I have a wingless silver trunk we could trade. I live in Columbia, MO.

·
Registered
76 Posts
ok, ive got a wrx winged trunk....i think we could make this work. ill trade mine for wingless, then ill trade wingless for sti. everybody goes home happy.....maybe we could all meet up in a parking lot with a socket set or something.:cool:

·
Registered
62 Posts
big pipe said:
ok, ive got a wrx winged trunk....i think we could make this work. ill trade mine for wingless, then ill trade wingless for sti. everybody goes home happy.....maybe we could all meet up in a parking lot with a socket set or something.:cool:
that would work out perfectly....

especially because Columbia is in between Stl and KC:D

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Jack miller :screwy:

They are trying to screw me on the financing so the STi might not happen. It's a crystal gray one coming off the truck on monday or tuesday. If they don't work with me on price then I'm going to mitsubishi and going to look at getting an EVO. I just want a better platform to start out with than the WRX.

Yeah if you wanna tag along that's cool with me. Probably going to be during the day monday or tuesday. :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
scooby24 said:
Jack miller :screwy:

They are trying to screw me on the financing so the STi might not happen. It's a crystal gray one coming off the truck on monday or tuesday. If they don't work with me on price then I'm going to mitsubishi and going to look at getting an EVO. I just want a better platform to start out with than the WRX.

Yeah if you wanna tag along that's cool with me. Probably going to be during the day monday or tuesday. :thumbup:
Forget Jack Miller, They run a very shady busniess there. If you look at the EVO, just stay away from McCarthy dealership too. They're just as bad.

Edit: My advise regarding starting on a platform, The EVO will get you faster with less money with better handling than a STI. But you WILL be sacraficing interior and overall fit and finish. I heard that its a pretty brutal daily driver also.

·
Registered
195 Posts
AsianWRX said:
Forget Jack Miller, They run a very shady busniess there. If you look at the EVO, just stay away from McCarthy dealership too. They're just as bad.

Edit: My advise regarding starting on a platform, The EVO will get you faster with less money with better handling than a STI. But you WILL be sacraficing interior and overall fit and finish. I heard that its a pretty brutal daily driver also.
I agree with the Jack Miller comment. I HATED my experience with them. I gave them a HORRIBLE review to SOA. I still have my blank inspection form that was in with my manual. I also had to remove all the adhesive on the body and the bags from the struts. I love my STi though.

The Evo is tempting. You have potential problems there as well. 1. Will Mitsu be in business as long as you have the car? {probably}. 2. Mitsu is worse than Subaru at declining warranty work for unmodified cars {modified there is no hope}. 3. Plan on replacing the clutch pretty quick {especially with any power mods}. 4. 5 speed vs 6 speed

The Mitsu is the obvious choice if you are looking at a dollars for HP comparison on mod potential. Good luck either way.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hummer said:
I agree with the Jack Miller comment. I HATED my experience with them. I gave them a HORRIBLE review to SOA. I still have my blank inspection form that was in with my manual. I also had to remove all the adhesive on the body and the bags from the struts. I love my STi though.

The Evo is tempting. You have potential problems there as well. 1. Will Mitsu be in business as long as you have the car? {probably}. 2. Mitsu is worse than Subaru at declining warranty work for unmodified cars {modified there is no hope}. 3. Plan on replacing the clutch pretty quick {especially with any power mods}. 4. 5 speed vs 6 speed

The Mitsu is the obvious choice if you are looking at a dollars for HP comparison on mod potential. Good luck either way.
Stuart,

How much did you end up paying for your STi? I'm assuming you financed? What were your loan terms? I have perfect car credit so I don't see why I shouldn't get the best possible deal. I'd just like to walk into the dealership with some other customer's experiences with Jack Miller so I can ask them why they feel like they can give some people a deal and f*ck me over. Guess cuz I'm young they assume I don't know anything?

I know that paying sticker price is not acceptable. I know that other dealerships in the area aren't selling STi's for 5k over sticker like the saleman said :thumbdown. I know that paying 41 thousand dollars for a 33 thousand dollar car over 6 years is not doing me any favors. And I know that I'm not letting them dick me over on the price of a new STi AND screw me on trade in to make an extra 3 thousand without having to work for it. Hmmm.....I think I'm going to copy this conversation and e-mail it to the saleman and see what response I get back. If he doesn't like what I have to say f*ck him I'll take my business somewhere else.

Sorry I'm just rather upset about the ordeal. I feel like I'm not getting the respect I deserve and that doesn't make me a happy camper.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts