ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you are, can you let me know your experience and post some pics? I'm somewhat worried about the spoiler with the straps.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Aftermarket roof rack systems are very easy to take off. I can remove the crossbars and cover the landing pads probably in two minutes. You can take them off when not in use.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Aftermarket roof rack systems are very easy to take off. I can remove the crossbars and cover the landing pads probably in two minutes. You can take them off when not in use.
when you say "cover the landing pads", do you mean the control towers unattach but the base stays on? the last roof rack I had was with the Q towers many many years ago. I've never used one on a car that has the factory rails.

also, the subaru crossbars are cheaper and in my opinion sure look better. what's the downside of them compared to the yakima?

·
Registered
750 Posts
when you say "cover the landing pads", do you mean the control towers unattach but the base stays on? the subaru crossbars are cheaper and in my opinion sure look better. what's the downside of them compared to the yakima?
Yes the base stays on. Your car has factory bolt areas on the roof (where the landing pads bolt on to). I'm not sure if the Subaru crossbars are more of permanent attachment. I can't vouch for the ease of taking off the factory crossbars.

·
Registered
750 Posts
I'm currently have Yakima roof rack system on my car.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts