ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anyone try the Zero Gravity module?

Just wondering if anyone has tried the zero gravity module? And if so do you have an extra set of installation instuctions you could post for me? It has 2 wires a black and red. It has to be connected to the IAT wires on the mass air flow sensor. If any one knows the colors to the two wire I would connect to it would be greatly appreciated. I am new to the import world and trying to learn.
Thanks 2004 wrx

·
Registered
152 Posts
Is this the famous resistor mod, sounds like it is but I have never heard of this particular one? You don't want to install this on your car if it is.

·
Registered
309 Posts
I dont know anything about that chip, but I would be hesitent to put it in. On that webpage there isnt even direct mention of a wrx, and all it says is "we've spent years studying your car". I dont buy that for a second.

It says it adjusts fuel ratios for higher octane fuel and then in the FAQ it talks about putting in 87 or 89?

It sounds really fishy to me. With all the experience of Cobb, TurboXS, hydra, etc etc... all of which actually document exactly what its doing specifically for a wrx, I dont see why anyone would chose to go with a generic product. Especially on an 04.

Just my 2c

Rob

·
Registered
3,857 Posts
It simply leans the A/F across the board but lowering the voltage the ECU sees from the MAF sensor. It's dangerous, uncontrolled fuel trim modification. Eventually, your ECU will compensate in the lower load regions by adding more fuel. In the upper load region, you'll be lean and you WILL knock.

If you like your car, you'll send the zerogravity thingy back and get a refund.

·
Registered
397 Posts
It fools the ecu into thinking that intake air temp is way lower than it actually is. the ecu will advance the hell out of timing due to the false value coming from the iat sensor. don't do it. 04's sound like they have enough problems with pinging without some crap like this to make it worse.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts