ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yea just as the title says I am wondering if anyone has gone catless on an 07 WRX or STI. I am really interested in doing this but I have read that a vacuum line to the turbo must be changed. If anyone has done this do you have any information for how easy it was and if it worked? Thanks

Here is the cobb link:http://www.cobbtuning.com/info/?id=3476&rsku=0

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
+1 , You will get some boost creep, just get a hiflow cat.

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
boardinshorty81 said:
Has anyone tried the turboxs systems? They are close to me and they seem to be pretty good systems. I mean sorry to be off topic but i just don' tknow what to do.
Cheapest catted solution I've found (mainstream) is the Helix.

I plan to go with the TurboXS Stealthback once I start getting paychecks (there was a hangup with my job, and I was just able to start back up again). It'll be mid-April, early-May, so if you haven't pulled the trigger by then, I can let you know.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cheapest catted solution I've found (mainstream) is the Helix.

I plan to go with the TurboXS Stealthback once I start getting paychecks (there was a hangup with my job, and I was just able to start back up again). It'll be mid-April, early-May, so if you haven't pulled the trigger by then, I can let you know.
Yea i have looked at their systems and their shop is pretty close to me so i think i am going to go talk to them when i get a little bit of money. Alright just keep me updated bro.

·
Registered
314 Posts
I've been running catless In my 07 wrx for about 7 months now, I've got a SRs bellmouth DP and a protune and I've had no problems. Just save your money and do It right the first time.

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
You can always tune out any irregularities you may experience with a catless DP, but in my case ( I also have a 2007 WRX) I want to do stuff right and not go cheap. I think my car is worth the best I can for it.
Plus you won't be street legal with a catless DP.

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Yea bro that is defiantly true. I think for now i am pretty sold on the turboxs turbo back system because it comes with a cat but it still loud as **** so I am going to try to save for that.
There you go.

Better invest your money well, you'll feel better about your ride.

·
Registered
473 Posts
well if you get a catted downpipe it would still be illegal because it's modding the stock cats.

·
Registered
0 Posts

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
SuBiEklD said:
well if you get a catted downpipe it would still be illegal because it's modding the stock cats.
Technically, even a high-flow cat is illegal, since you're replacing 2 normal cats with one high-flow one. Usually, you'll just get a "modified exhaust" ticket, but you can get hit for worse ...

·
Registered
812 Posts
Hmm...its times like these that I am thankful to live in Missouri...no emissions...

I just went catless this weekend, and it is nice. It is loud, and smelly, but if you have some sort of engine management to negate the boost spike / creep issues, it is a non issue. The pros of being stage 2 and faster quickly make you forget about pissing off Al Gore. I have an 06 wrx, but same difference really...

·
Registered
403 Posts
Hmm...its times like these that I am thankful to live in Missouri...no emissions...

I just went catless this weekend, and it is nice. It is loud, and smelly, but if you have some sort of engine management to negate the boost spike / creep issues, it is a non issue. The pros of being stage 2 and faster quickly make you forget about pissing off Al Gore. I have an 06 wrx, but same difference really...

So no emissions tests? I guess you wont need my contact to help you pass inspection then. Hopefully I wont have issues next january.

·
Registered
812 Posts
So no emissions tests? I guess you wont need my contact to help you pass inspection then. Hopefully I wont have issues next january.
In Missouri, we dont have emissions via the sniffer test. We DO, however have to pass a visual inspection to see that there is a working cat in our exhaust. THAT is why I will need your "contact".

·
Registered
403 Posts
Not true, one of the places I went to said no due to the sniffer test. He said he could smell that I was catless and I told him nothing.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yea true about modding the cats but i am willing to do that because i don't think some cop will just be like your exhaust is modded!. I will just be like so...

Have you guys heard of people being happy with the turboxs systems? Most of the youtube videos sound really realy nice. I just want to make sure i am getting a good product.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts