ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Want winter tires with as much side wall as possible and making as much ground clearance as possible.
I know it will cheat a little on the speedo but I am fine with that.
Stock tires are 25.4" dia and the 205/65/16 are 26.5"
so it will be 1/2" closer to the wheel well.
looking at the car it seems ok but I am want to be sure before pursuing the purchase.
As far as wheel I would like to go 16 x 7" with 60mm offset to keep the outside of the tire where it is now

the other solution will be to go with the 215/60/16 which are 26.1" in diameter.
this for sure will be ok

BTW I checked the STI wheels are 25.7" so the STI has even less gap with the wheel well. I ll be surprised if they were not sharing the same wheel well.

so anyone tried those diameter without coilover on stock suspension

·
Registered
463 Posts
I was thinking about trying this same setup, until I discovered how difficult it is to source 16" gold wheels so I might have to go 17".

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
for snow 16" is much better I just sold an Evo X where I was not able to go smaller than 18"
If I was you I will just ask someone to power coat gold if you really want gold as the tires are also much cheaper

·
Registered
463 Posts
The difference in price for the tires isn't huge. Powdercoating wheels is expensive, though. Cheapest price I could find was $125/wheel. That's on top of buying wheels. I would probably just rattle can a set of inexpensive 16's if I could find them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts