Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried HA's on a WRX sedan? Thinking about getting some, but unsure if they are good for street/track driving or not. Not keen on putting that much money into the suspension, but if it is worth it, why not.... any help would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Dan,

What's the difference between the Tein's and the DMS's? Does this just get into a Chevy/Ford thing, or what?

Rod

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I heard that Teins are more for track racing while DMS are more for rally racing.

·
1,911 Posts
What concerns me about DMS is that the spring rates are too soft for track driving and also the various quality problems they seem to have. Do a search on i-club and you'll find quite a few complaints about problems with DMS. With Tein I have never seen one defect.

·
Registered
218 Posts
ive talked to a few people who drive older 2.5's and they say they are great suspension but there only complaint was with the pillow ball mounts they are very harsh to drive around town with lots of bumps and potholes. ive never personally been in one but thats just what i have heard from others (first person). another complaint ive heard with the ha's are that they rust. but other then that i plan to get them.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Thanks for the comments, guys. I'm still making up a wish list of stuff once the WRX can be purchased. I'd like to go into with a game plan of sorts.

·
Registered
129 Posts
rusting...

i am sure they are nice pieces, but for the amount of money you spend on a coilover setup that should not happen....

·
Registered
81 Posts
Rust? RAs. The RAs on my Civic never rusted. I wiped them clean from time to time. Had them for two years almost.

Ken

·
Registered
211 Posts
Anyone have any experience with the Leda Coilovers?

RallyPerformance carries them..... I was just wondering....

I was either going to do the DMS with the M2 tuned springs... (I think they put stiffer springs) or something Like the LEDA setup...

Don't know yet, plan on auto-x'ing with the occasional lap on a track......

What do you think? Oh, still a daily driven car... city with lots of pot holes... and wonderful snow & ice

1 - 13 of 13 Posts